2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Mariner_09
August 27, 2022, 11:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
It’s fair to say we rode our luck to a certain extent today, as we did a bit at Rochdale. It’s clear that it isn’t just us lacking a striker who knows where the goal is

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
aldi_01
August 27, 2022, 11:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
We don’t know when we’re beat. You could argue we ride our kick but I’d argue all good sides do.

Been a critic of Clifton but can’t argue with those goals and whilst some of our defending was a bit hairy, much like Rochdale, it seems like they didn’t have the minerals to finish it off.

Good work from Peppel and clearly we improved as the game went on.

I’m sure some people will cryarse or moan, staying the obvious about a striker, I’m sure some will moan about the poor start today but we got three points and come the end of the season, nobody cares how you got them…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
LondonMariner43
August 28, 2022, 8:25am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,977
Gold Stars: 64
Loads of people moan about Taylor but the first goal came from him winning the ball and playing a clever pass to Pepple.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
buckstown
August 28, 2022, 11:13am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 79
It's weird trying to reach a conclusion after these five games. Part of me thinks we were lucky to avoid a battering at Walsall and Rochdale, part of me thinks we weathered the storm and managed the game well.
Matched Orient for 45 minutes, easily matched Northampton, struggled to create anything against Sutton.
The season might be determined by the last few days of the window but I'm sticking with mid table with this squad, edge of the play offs with the addition of a creative midfielder and a striker. The midfielder could be a loan until McAtee get s back?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
Mariner_09
August 28, 2022, 12:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from buckstown
It's weird trying to reach a conclusion after these five games. Part of me thinks we were lucky to avoid a battering at Walsall and Rochdale, part of me thinks we weathered the storm and managed the game well.
Matched Orient for 45 minutes, easily matched Northampton, struggled to create anything against Sutton.
The season might be determined by the last few days of the window but I'm sticking with mid table with this squad, edge of the play offs with the addition of a creative midfielder and a striker. The midfielder could be a loan until McAtee get s back?

Give it another 6 games we’ll have a better idea. I can’t work out if we’ve just managed to come out on the right side of two close away games or there is something fundamental about us which gives us that extra gear in the last quarter/fifth of games, whether it be belief, squad depth or fitness levels.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
DB
August 28, 2022, 12:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from buckstown

I'm sticking with my prediction on the 5th June, league one next season. We're winning games and getting points without a fully functional attack. Come the return of injured players and some incomings ( hopefully) we'll be firing on all cylinders.

Going Up

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
SouthLakesMariner
August 29, 2022, 1:08am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +938
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
The fat copper at the end trying to stop the fans celebrating is golden stuff.

Classic. Straight out of an episode of Laurel & Hardy. Memories of the old school whistling theme tune for those of a certain vintage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
RonMariner
August 30, 2022, 9:17am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mariner_09

Give it another 6 games we’ll have a better idea. I can’t work out if we’ve just managed to come out on the right side of two close away games or there is something fundamental about us which gives us that extra gear in the last quarter/fifth of games, whether it be belief, squad depth or fitness levels.

I think the strength and conditioning work the club has done since Hurst came back must have something to do with it. I can't remember us ever scoring so many late goals as we have done in the last year or so. We do look pretty fit all over the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
Posh Harry
August 30, 2022, 1:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,369
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from RonMariner

I think the strength and conditioning work the club has done since Hurst came back must have something to do with it. I can't remember us ever scoring so many late goals as we have done in the last year or so. We do look pretty fit all over the pitch.

When has a strength and conditioning coach ever got you 3 points on a Saturday.

Oh, hold on…….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.