9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
September 1, 2022, 11:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
3 year deal aswell, proper statement signing that, mopping up great young talents, could pay off big time in the long run. Hope its a long term club investment strategy

yup and that a transfer fee paid - how things have changed in the last 18 months! would NEVER ,EVER have happened under Fenty

the fact that Hurst has pursued him for so long, he's got a 3 year deal and we've paid a fee for him tells you all you need to know really

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 80
headingly_mariner
September 1, 2022, 11:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,391
Gold Stars: 120
He'll end up playing a season with us and end up being capable of playing way higher. Lovely footballer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 80
Mariner93er
September 1, 2022, 11:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
We've got a really good blend of options across the middle now, very encouraging!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 80
Davec
September 2, 2022, 6:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I remember how good Hunt was in the beginning but also I remember how his form literally dropped of a cliff along with the rest of the squad, at times he can give the ball away sloppily but then so can everybody. Good business I think and one hopes he can continue to progress.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 80
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
September 2, 2022, 6:50am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Davec
I remember how good Hunt was in the beginning but also I remember how his form literally dropped of a cliff along with the rest of the squad, at times he can give the ball away sloppily but then so can everybody. Good business I think and one hopes he can continue to progress.

Was you expecting xavi or iniesta? He will do just fine, he’s only going to get better and better and might earn us a few quid in a couple of years time

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 80
aldi_01
September 2, 2022, 7:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Davec

His form dipped at that same time everyone else’s did and during a spell when we know, although never been confirmed that there were some off field issues.

I heard a rumour at the time that Hunt wasn’t happy with the other players, I even heard he told the gaffer some of what was going on which may have ostracised him for a bit.

Who really knows, but he s young lad with a lot of potential. This signing is a bold and a great signing, giving us loads of options across the middle…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 80
lukeo
September 2, 2022, 7:13am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Clearly wants to play football, enjoyed his time here before and is definitely cut out for this level and maybe even the one above. Very happy with him coming back. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 80
DB
September 2, 2022, 7:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from aldi_01

His form dipped at that same time everyone else’s did and during a spell when we know, although never been confirmed that there were some off field issues.

I heard a rumour at the time that Hunt wasn’t happy with the other players, I even heard he told the gaffer some of what was going on which may have ostracised him for a bit.

Who really knows, but he s young lad with a lot of potential. This signing is a bold and a great signing, giving us loads of options across the middle…

It doesn't matter what happened in the past Hunt has left it there, otherwise he wouldn't have made a permanent move to us. He has the potential to become a very good player and obviously rates Hursty so another reason to make the decision to sign.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 80
aldi_01
September 2, 2022, 7:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from DB

It doesn't matter what happened in the past Hunt has left it there, otherwise he wouldn't have made a permanent move to us. He has the potential to become a very good player and obviously rates Hursty so another reason to make the decision to sign.

That’s my point, perhaps, for him at that time going back felt a better option, may be Hurst understood that but continued to pursue him.

His form did dip but so did everyone else’s, well, apart from Waterfall really.

I’m well chuffed with the signing…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 80
Davec
September 2, 2022, 7:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42

Was you expecting xavi or iniesta? He will do just fine, he’s only going to get better and better and might earn us a few quid in a couple of years time

Ifyou actually read my whole post you will see I did also put "good business I think and one hopes he can continue to progress"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hunt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.