6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
August 21, 2022, 8:02am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Not very often I find the need to disagree with Paul hurst but I would like to take issue with one of his post match comments “ I CANNOT BE BOTHERED TO WASTE MY TIME IN PUTTING IN A COMPLAINT TO THE EFL” while I understand his comments but really we should be shouting and screaming about these refs just like you see on the touch line every week. We give the refs such an easy time and the EFL know therefore they get away week after week in sendin* us excrement after excrement
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
August 21, 2022, 8:19am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
He knows it would be a waste of time and if anything, he would be the one to get sanctioned.

Been saying for years that there should be a drive to recruit ex players as refs and pay them accordingly to make it attractive. It would be another avenue for players coming to the end of their careers to stay in the game and earn a living.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
aldi_01
August 21, 2022, 8:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from ginnywings
He knows it would be a waste of time and if anything, he would be the one to get sanctioned.

Been saying for years that there should be a drive to recruit ex players as refs and pay them accordingly to make it attractive. It would be another avenue for players coming to the end of their careers to stay in the game and earn a living.

They did do this, they were either dreadful or not interested.

He won’t put anything in because it’ll fall on deaf ears but if I’m honest, the refs we’ve had have been poor but that doesn’t legislate for professional footballers missing absolute sitters, teams being enable to defend set pieces etc…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
wigworld
August 21, 2022, 8:36am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I thought they were required to complete a referee's report after each game anyway?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 50
oochiad
August 21, 2022, 9:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,725
Gold Stars: 28
Pretty sure the refs are that shite they would also notice certain managers that complain about them and possibly hold a grudge in this league………
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
HertsGTFC
August 21, 2022, 9:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Not very often I find the need to disagree with Paul hurst but I would like to take issue with one of his post match comments “ I CANNOT BE BOTHERED TO WASTE MY TIME IN PUTTING IN A COMPLAINT TO THE EFL” while I understand his comments but really we should be shouting and screaming about these refs just like you see on the touch line every week. We give the refs such an easy time and the EFL know therefore they get away week after week in sendin* us excrement after excrement

I think he’s better placed than any of us to make that judgment. The ref was poor yesterday and too concerned about the role he wanted to play in the “spectacle” rather than keeping the game going for the players & spectators.

Like I said on another thread this is systemic as there is not enough talent coming through as kids are put off starting at the bottom as some of the crap they have to deal with at times is not worth the effort.

The FA has a big task here one that in my mind sits right at the top of their agendas around equality & the National teams structures. The authorities say they want to improve the game, I think we all know a good ref helps that for sure.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 50
Theimperialcoroner
August 21, 2022, 9:25am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,255
Gold Stars: 102
Are the refs poor or is how they are being asked to apply the laws poor?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
pen penfras
August 21, 2022, 9:32am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
I didn't think yesterday's ref was poor. It's not his fault our players constantly fouled them. They got their bodies in between and we bumbled into their back's. Taylor leads with his arm so is going to get fouls given against him a lot. We're not dirty, but do make a lot of needless fouls, probably over eagerness.

I couldn't see anything wrong with the corner that went in though, definitely not a foul on the keeper, so maybe some pushing elsewhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
aldi_01
August 21, 2022, 9:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Are the refs poor or is how they are being asked to apply the laws poor?

I suspect this is closer to the truth. The standard of decision making as become even more inconsistent since VAR was introduced. Then, which is ridiculous, they’ve tried to implement the same style of refereeing in leagues without VAR.

The powers that be governing refereeing are over complicating it and to be honest, why would anyone want to get involved in it?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 21, 2022, 10:49am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
It’s an impossible job being a ref.

Without them, they’d be no football. You’d all be shopping on a Saturday. Stone Island would go under.

I missed the match yesterday, but if Hurst and Ginny say the ref was poor, it suggests he was.

However, it’s lazy to say all four refs this season have been rubbish. I’m struggling to think of a key decision a ref has got obviously wrong in our opponents’ favour so far. Presumably the goal from the corner yesterday was disallowed due to pushing in the build up. There was little complaint from our players.

With Taylor being so isolated his only option is to try to win a free kick. Taylor knows this. The defenders know this. The ref knows it. As he should, Taylor backs into defenders, wrestles and uses his arms. There’s contact every time the ball goes up to him. You could give a free kick either way or let the game flow. The problem with the second option is that, if you let too many challenges go unpunished, the defending gets more brutal each time, Taylor’s arm gets straighter and straighter and before you know it you’ve got an injury or a red card.

For anyone who wants VAR introduced, if Taylor takes a better first touch and slides it through Rose’s legs, the goal would have been disallowed anyway because Bim was marginally offside following Clifton’s header.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.