This thread currently has 499 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
August 18, 2022, 10:06pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,087
Gold Stars: 200

Any else watch it tonight, what can you say, Jeez.

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week33/hotel-custody

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
August 19, 2022, 2:29am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Didn't watch it but heard that Peter Bore made an appearance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
aldi_01
August 19, 2022, 7:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Our custody suite is excellent. I visited prior to its opening due to my involvement with MAPPA.

Was great to get it built this side of the river for a change. Picks up a lot of customers from surrounding areas due to other places having either no custody suites or small ones.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
LH
August 19, 2022, 8:34pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,582
Gold Stars: 175
Another great film made on behalf of the NE Lincs Tourist Board after the successes of Skint and Grimsby!

In all seriousness though it shows what a tough job the coppers have around here (and of course the whole nation). I don’t know what posseses people to smear themselves in their own excrement but this isn’t just the case for drugged up criminals (I’m looking at you, infanteers).
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
aldi_01
August 20, 2022, 9:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH
Another great film made on behalf of the NE Lincs Tourist Board after the successes of Skint and Grimsby!

In all seriousness though it shows what a tough job the coppers have around here (and of course the whole nation). I don’t know what posseses people to smear themselves in their own excrement but this isn’t just the case for drugged up criminals (I’m looking at you, infanteers).

The whole dirty protest thing is multi faceted and as you say, isn’t really the thing for addicts. When I worked in custody we averaged 2/3 a year, vulnerable and volatile kids. It happens more and more in the adult world.

There’s a whole thesis explaining and presenting the reasons.

It’s very sensible that civilian staff make up the majority of the workforce too, removes a barrier and sometimes works in the favour of the police long term when relationships are formed and calmness develops in those kept in the cells.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
moosey_club
August 20, 2022, 10:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
There is a whole underbelly to this town, along with many others of course, that general decent members of the public dont see. Unless you work in it, live next to it or have family wrapped up in it you find it hard to comprehend when it gets a bit of tv exposure.

In my work I see it just about everyday and am pretty much immune to the sights, the smells , the sounds of how a section of the "housing benefit class" live, but even with years of experience there is always something that pops up to set the bar just a bit lower and become the new "worst of all time".

But....amongst it there are bright moments too...was on a well known local estate yesterday and amongst the carnage that is going on there currently we're two little toddlers waving bye to each other after they had been playing..."bye..see you tomorrow " all the way down the street,  waving like mad to each other, still young and innocent enough to be oblivious to the surroundings. Heartwarming.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
Bogtrotter
August 21, 2022, 12:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +222
Gold Stars: 8
The civy staff seemed good eggs doing a great job in really difficult local circumstances and its an impressive facility. I was a bit concerned by the Police Sergeant in charge who seemed to revel in slagging off the area at every possible opportunity. If he's not happy in a state of the art facility then perhaps he should consider a move somewhere else, because I can't see how things could improve to make it better for him, and that sort of negativity can undermine a wider team. Who knows, perhaps the edit wasn't fair to him; he came across as a top draw smart bottom.

I hope we can have some decent investment in mental health services to back it all up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
aldi_01
August 21, 2022, 7:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bogtrotter
The civy staff seemed good eggs doing a great job in really difficult local circumstances and its an impressive facility. I was a bit concerned by the Police Sergeant in charge who seemed to revel in slagging off the area at every possible opportunity. If he's not happy in a state of the art facility then perhaps he should consider a move somewhere else, because I can't see how things could improve to make it better for him, and that sort of negativity can undermine a wider team. Who knows, perhaps the edit wasn't fair to him; he came across as a top draw smart bottom.

I hope we can have some decent investment in mental health services to back it all up.

I agree, and I suspect if I worked there I’d remind him that he’s clearly from Hull, rendering his credibility to slag off anywhere else.

I do know, having had several conversations with the second in command at Humberside police that there were some people annoyed that they built it this side of then river given they’re used to everything being north side.

As for investment in mental health services, that drum continues to be banged and needs to get louder, we’ve spent the best part of 2 years terrifying people and their heads have been filled with so much falsified and some truthful information, the knock on is increased amounts of people with anxiety and so on…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
DB
August 22, 2022, 2:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from aldi_01

I agree, and I suspect if I worked there I’d remind him that he’s clearly from Hull, rendering his credibility to slag off anywhere else.

I do know, having had several conversations with the second in command at Humberside police that there were some people annoyed that they built it this side of then river given they’re used to everything being north side.

As for investment in mental health services, that drum continues to be banged and needs to get louder, we’ve spent the best part of 2 years terrifying people and their heads have been filled with so much falsified and some truthful information, the knock on is increased amounts of people with anxiety and so on…

Mental health has been, is and will always be underfunded.  There are no votes in it so the politicians will do nothing but spew out lip service.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Hotel Custody

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.