Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Carlisle sell out?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 200 Guests

Carlisle sell out?

This thread currently has 3,822 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
August 18, 2022, 11:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from HerveJosse

I suspect the apparent large number of season ticket holders maybe 500 a game not attending the first two games is simply because it’s August that’s less then 10 percent of season ticket holders and surely 10 percent are away on holiday at any point in time in August . Yes have a resale programme and publicise it but it’s not an answer to the shortage of capacity we now face. We have barely got started yet in reestablishing ourselves in League 2 and it’s going to be a sell out for every match  so if our ambitious is to go higher then how can the need for greater capacity not be recognised as the No 1 issue.

I saw something either on here or Twitter a few weeks ago that the no-show is usually 10% throughout the year.  Happy to be corrected on that.  Yeah, definitely an attrition rate as it's summer.  But there's always going to be something throughout the season that will impact the conversion of ST's sold to bums on seats.  I dare say even more so this year with the number of people who bought them having got caught up in the sales hype and/or don't want to be missing out on priority access to away and cup games.

It's not the answer to the shortage of capacity, far from it.  The answer will always be for your capacity to outstrip your demand and then have some headspace to play with.  But we don't have that luxury and it doesn't look like we're going to have it anytime soon.  An effective resale scheme is a short-term mitigation and a way of operating the best within your current means.  

I would like to know the costings for some temp stands in the corners and the thought process behind it, or should I say not happening.  I hope it's something that's picked up at some point when Stockwood speaks to Humberside/DN35 Podcast etc.  Everything I've heard or read before seems to hint towards 1878 aren't convinced there's a need for expansion at the minute and that they can operate within the current capacity.  I disagree with this and think we're hemming ourselves in, especially with the number of quite frankly shocking seats that are for sale.  But I'd love to hear their stance on it, considering they're far better qualified to speak on it than I am.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 34
diehardmariner
August 18, 2022, 11:10am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
Is obsessing over attendance our new thing?

We must’ve had an attendance thread after every game and almost every other day or so it seems.

Sign of growth of the fan base?  I wouldn't say it's an obsession, I would say there's a marked interest in how far this wave can be ridden and there's a genuine concern amongst a fair few that we're running the risk of closing the door on it the growing of the club.

Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
aldi_01
August 18, 2022, 11:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from diehardmariner

Sign of growth of the fan base?  I wouldn't say it's an obsession, I would say there's a marked interest in how far this wave can be ridden and there's a genuine concern amongst a fair few that we're running the risk of closing the door on it the growing of the club.

Don’t disagree but much like the rumours thread, could we not just have one thread given the content is the same every time?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
diehardmariner
August 18, 2022, 11:22am
Vodka Drinker
Probably easier to just not click on the thread in the first place.  
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
Swansea_Mariner
August 18, 2022, 1:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Perhaps the answer is for the owners to go and sit in those seats and watch a few games and then ask themselves do they really feel like those seats are value for money and do they really think that those impinged views do not act as a deterrent to attendance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Carlisle sell out?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.