pen penfras
August 17, 2022, 4:43pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GrimPol

I'm not quite following this. I assume someone paid for your your seat at full price? i.e. not ST discount rate.
Recap: Your ST seat was sold to someone, who might get 60% refund (as I see it) . You get 100% "refund" as you can watch the rescheduled match.(
Is the problem that whoever bought your seat (for that game) has some "claim" for the re-scheduled match in the future?

I get it. He paid full price for a season ticket, he gave up his seat because he couldn't attend at no benefit to himself. Now he can make the rearranged fixture but might not be able to attend something he paid for months ago. If that happened, there is zero incentive for anybody to ever release a seat for the club to benefit because there's a tiny chance you might lose out by doing so. I get that the person who bought that seat will equally feel aggrieved if they can't go, but that's surely the risk of not buying a season ticket.

I highly doubt it'll come to that and suspect everybody who paid for a ticket, season ticket or otherwise will get to go once refunds and availability changes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 78
supertown
August 17, 2022, 4:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from GrimPol

I'm not quite following this. I assume someone paid for your your seat at full price? i.e. not ST discount rate.
Recap: Your ST seat was sold to someone, who might get 60% refund (as I see it) . You get 100% "refund" as you can watch the rescheduled match.(
Is the problem that whoever bought your seat (for that game) has some "claim" for the re-scheduled match in the future?

I think some people are getting confused and assume the STH gets the cash for the ticket.
They don’t , the club do. It’s just a goodwill gesture to give it up for resale
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 78
Kris2
August 17, 2022, 4:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Poojah

If I hadn’t released my ticket (which I did because it felt like the right thing to do since I couldn’t be there) then I would have been entitled to attend the rearranged game, so why having acted generously should that be any different?

In the event that I had released my ticket to benefit from financial compensation then your argument may make a degree of sense, but having gained the sum total of fúck all for doing so it does not.

Stop sucking yourself off acting like you did the club a favour for a minute and maybe you'd see sense. You decided to take a holiday, you decided to release your ticket yourself meaning the ticket can be sold by the club again. The ticket was sold and the purchaser of said ticket that YOU GAVE UP has the right to either a refund or to take their seat that they purchased failing because YOU GAVE IT UP.

Maybe if you write another rant and get in the local papers they'll give you another seat that you can take if you don't go on holiday again at a time when the country is struggling financially, Must be nice to be able to take a holiday.  
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 78
Kris2
August 17, 2022, 4:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from supertown

I think some people are getting confused and assume the STH gets the cash for the ticket.
They don’t , the club do. It’s just a goodwill gesture to give it up for resale

It's not a goodwill gesture except in your own heads. The fans of this club love to blow their own trumpet and talk about how great they are for even the most mundane of things.  

You voluntarily gave up a ticket to a game you couldn't attend, that means the seat is no longer yours for that game, an act of God caused the game to be abandoned so the seat belongs to the person who purchased it and not you. There is no such thing as "first dibs" in this situation because the seat is no longer yours for that game. If you purchased a season ticket and can not attend a game that is not the problem of the club, somebody put it into your heads that releasing your seat is this grand gesture and a bunch of you did it, now the game is called off and you're throwing a hissy fit because your seat was sold to somebody else for that game. Get over it.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 78
pen penfras
August 17, 2022, 4:57pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Kris2

Stop sucking yourself off acting like you did the club a favour for a minute and maybe you'd see sense. You decided to take a holiday, you decided to release your ticket yourself meaning the ticket can be sold by the club again. The ticket was sold and the purchaser of said ticket that YOU GAVE UP has the right to either a refund or to take their seat that they purchased failing because YOU GAVE IT UP.

Maybe if you write another rant and get in the local papers they'll give you another seat that you can take if you don't go on holiday again at a time when the country is struggling financially, Must be nice to be able to take a holiday.  

You can look at it that way, but why would anybody ever give up their seat for free again if that was the approach?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 78
pen penfras
August 17, 2022, 4:59pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Kris2

It's not a goodwill gesture except in your own heads. The fans of this club love to blow their own trumpet and talk about how great they are for even the most mundane of things.  

You voluntarily gave up a ticket to a game you couldn't attend, that means the seat is no longer yours for that game, an act of God caused the game to be abandoned so the seat belongs to the person who purchased it and not you. There is no such thing as "first dibs" in this situation because the seat is no longer yours for that game. If you purchased a season ticket and can not attend a game that is not the problem of the club, somebody put it into your heads that releasing your seat is this grand gesture and a bunch of you did it, now the game is called off and you're throwing a hissy fit because your seat was sold to somebody else for that game. Get over it.

So what would you call giving up something you've paid for so that the club can make a bit more money as if it's not goodwill?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 78
Poojah
August 17, 2022, 5:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Kris2

I’m going to look past your unnecessary passive aggression and politely point out that I did do the club a favour; that’s literally what I was doing in releasing the ticket for resale last night. What prevailed is a scenario that I, and I suspect the club, had not considered. If it is policy that abandoned or postponed games do not see released tickets returned to the ST holder then no one will do it in future, it’s as simple as that.

Not sure why you felt it necessary to bring my financial status (or at least your perspective of it) into it, but I hope that if you’re struggling things improve for you in the not too distant future. I’m not going to apologise for taking my kids abroad on holiday for the first time in three years.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 78
MuddyWaters
August 17, 2022, 5:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Kris2

As others have said, why would anyone give up their seat again? The phrase ‘season ticket’ means it is your seat for the league season. It’s up to the club to find a solution and I suspect they’ll come up with something better than you suggest.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 78
DB
August 17, 2022, 5:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Poojah

Yeah, the argument is who is entitled to the seat for the rescheduled game; the season ticket holder who released their seat for resale or the person who bought it.

I couldn’t make last night’s game as I am currently in the US, but I should be able to make the rescheduled fixture. My argument is that, as the person who has made a season-long commitment, I should be entitled to the seat whilst others argue that having “released” it I have waived my right to that fixture regardless of date.

I think if you look at the terms and conditions under which you bought the ST. Was it sold for specific dates or specific matches? Likewise, the terms under which you returned the ticket to the club, again was it for the date or the match?

If the ticket was for a date which has now been moved then you should have the seat for the new date. However, if it was for the Carlisle match then you might have a problem.

I think this simplifies your problem. I'm not legally trained, but I'm up on the law of contract, which is why I referred to the terms and conditions of the transactions.

Hope this helps you and others who might have the same problem.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 78
TwoLeftFeet
August 17, 2022, 5:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,101
Gold Stars: 19
Can't quite believe what I'm reading of course the seat is the season ticket holders for the rearranged game..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rearranged ticket issue

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.