Tommy
August 10, 2022, 9:02am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Youngy
I thought first half he looked decent. Looked to get the ball with his back to goal and bring the midfielders into play. He gave the back line something to think about

Like previously said, he faded second half and was way too deep at times. But there is clearly potential there that will need bedding in.

I agree with this view. Think there's some harsh or overly critical posts on his performance last night elsewhere on this thread.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 94
Jarmo.Is.God
August 10, 2022, 9:05am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
He wasn't great to be honest.
He seemed to stay too central at times, instead of dragging players out wide.
That being said, he didn't stop trying, and he's 19 with his first game in England against big defenders.

Kiernan made a big difference when we come on up front, and did very well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 94
aldi_01
August 10, 2022, 9:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Tommy

I agree with this view. Think there's some harsh or overly critical posts on his performance last night elsewhere on this thread.

Probably the same people demanding the club spunk loads of cash on that elusive striker…ya know, the one everyone wants…

He did fade but to be fair I thought town played a really high tempo and with intensity last night which probably didn’t help. Personally, I’d start him on Saturday as something unknown for oppo to think about…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 94
wiggers
August 10, 2022, 9:18am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +469
Gold Stars: 11
He definitely won’t start if Taylor is fit. A raw talent who will hopefully improve once bedded in. I still really hope that elusive striker arrives before the end of the month…..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 94
jamesgtfc
August 10, 2022, 9:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
He wasn't great to be honest.
He seemed to stay too central at times, instead of dragging players out wide.
That being said, he didn't stop trying, and he's 19 with his first game in England against big defenders.

Kiernan made a big difference when we come on up front, and did very well

He barely knows his teammates and they barely know him. That said, I thought he was good with the ball on the floor and nearly always released it to a teammate quickly which was part of the reason we tore Crewe apart.

I thought it was a promising debut without even considering that it's his first game in English football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 94
diehardmariner
August 10, 2022, 11:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Hasn't played for 6 weeks.
One days training with us.
Never played a game in England before.
Only arrived in the country last week.
Signed for parent club then quickly shipped out here.
Asked to play up front on his own in a high press system.

Thought he did pretty well in consideration to be honest.
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 94
Limerick Mariner
August 10, 2022, 11:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,720
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from diehardmariner
Hasn't played for 6 weeks.
One days training with us.
Never played a game in England before.
Only arrived in the country last week.
Signed for parent club then quickly shipped out here.
Asked to play up front on his own in a high press system.

Thought he did pretty well in consideration to be honest.

Agreed - and I don’t think I or others were being overly critical, just highlighting the patent shortcomings, which are for good reasons as above. But the conclusion is the same - he doesn’t look ready to lead the line for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 94
lew chaterleys lover
August 10, 2022, 12:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Agreed - and I don’t think I or others were being overly critical, just highlighting the patent shortcomings, which are for good reasons as above. But the conclusion is the same - he doesn’t look ready to lead the line for us.

The crowd were willing him to do something good when the ball went anywhere near him, but he wasn't quite up to speed which is understandable.

Based solely on last night, the fact that he is so young and will take time to settle in, I am sure Hurst will keep him in reserve and he will be trying hard to get that elusive and experienced number 9.

We were fantastic last night, and Pepple himself would have been impressed, and I imagine slightly taken aback at the quality on show.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 94
gtfc_chris
August 10, 2022, 12:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,506
Gold Stars: 115
I liked that when he did get involved he tried to keep everything simple. For a young lad trying to progress and make a name in the game, it's happened before when players try to take extra risk or be overly flamboyant to impress.

Hopefully as he builds fitness and understanding with his team-mates we'll see him try to showcase more of what he's about but at 19 years old that was a good start for him IMO and definitely something to build on for the rest of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 94
mimma
August 10, 2022, 1:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
He wasn't slow to tell their big centre back, pointing at him and letting him know. Not frightened or intimidated
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aribim Pepple

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.