Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Food?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 282 Guests

Food?

This thread currently has 5,653 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
August 7, 2022, 11:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Us vegetarians are not being considered at all. Have ONE vegetarian option pie FFS. It's 2022.

Whilst not a veggie I was surprised at the lack of veggie option…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
marinerjase
August 7, 2022, 11:23am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,665
Gold Stars: 147
Quoted from Heisenberg

Fair enough, but genuine question - if I were to stand a decent chance of getting in, what sort of time does it get full? I’d imagine that the regulars to the fan zone know exactly what time they need to get there, and are probably queuing before I’ve usually even left the house!

As someone has said -2pm onwards and you’d probably have to queue. In all fairness the club and Trust have accommodated for an extra 150 this season, and Docks have opened up another serving point to assist in the beer queue problem.

As in anything it’s learning as you go, and there’s a few people who have undertaken a lot of work for the benefit of others - often gets forgotten - hence why I probably responded to your original post quickly.

Personally - I find the fan zone a good addition to match day, with the music etc and it’s good for families. Give it a try if you can.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
Rodley Mariner
August 7, 2022, 11:24am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
We seem to have moved from a clique excluding others from the fanzone to the problem being it is so popular it is full from 1.30pm onwards. Sounds like a good problem to have. Truthfully I think it's just a nicer atmosphere all round the ground over the past 12 months. Go to the fanzone and enjoy a docks beer if I've time but still enjoy a quick crappy pint of Carling behind the pontoon if I'm running late.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
Phil the cod
August 7, 2022, 11:48am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Victims our own success I guess.
I'll bet you are able to get a pint no problems in the sardine tin down the road.
Although I'd rather die of thirst than set foot in that dump.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
rancido
August 7, 2022, 11:58am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
The problem with the Findus/Young's whatever stand is that it was designed at a time when match day catering and refreshments weren't as important as they are now. It's easy making the comment about architects reconfiguring the space available but maybe some of the main structure and supports prohibit any development. These are things that maybe the Trust could comment on.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
aldi_01
August 7, 2022, 12:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from rancido
The problem with the Findus/Young's whatever stand is that it was designed at a time when match day catering and refreshments weren't as important as they are now. It's easy making the comment about architects reconfiguring the space available but maybe some of the main structure and supports prohibit any development. These are things that maybe the Trust could comment on.

I’d agree with this. The game has shifted massively, perhaps the americanisation of the game? Other countries like Italy and Germany are still more traditional but we’ve moved forward and people expect more. I don’t see an issue but as you say, infrastructure in most stadiums isn’t there.

I know a Utd STH and he was saying even Old Trafford is struggling these days to deal with more than a pint and a pie…when top clubs with modern stadia are finding it a challenge the rest will undoubtedly find it hard too…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
August 7, 2022, 12:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
I don't remember there being a clique excluding others. I choose to meet my associates in there rather than the Rutland, which is where some of us used to meet, and then walk to the ground. I usually arrive between 13:00 and 13:30 and have only had to queue once. The Fan Zone has a limited, now expanded, capacity.

Its about as cliquey as the Rutland, the Trust bar, the Blundell Park Hotel or the Imp when it was open. The same people usually drink in the same places and see the same people. Are these other watering holes not cliquey?

I don't go there for the food, although I have had food in there, I'm not bothered about craft beer, as my associates point out I only like lager, as it happens I'm not a beer / lager fan anyway. I go in there because it is far more convenient than where I used to go, then it has the added advantage of being friendly and full of Town fans and not pub regulars who want to watch the Premier League and resent you because you're not there every day. It's a fantastic addition to the matchday experience, and I say that as a veteran of over 40 years.

I am sure my clique would agree.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
crusty ole pie
August 7, 2022, 12:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Us vegetarians are not being considered at all. Have ONE vegetarian option pie FFS. It's 2022.

Bring a apple
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 7, 2022, 12:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 179
Many options to help speed up service:

Bottles only no draught beer : people would complain

Pre order drinks : people complain that their pint is flat as they don’t have the requisite of a 21.7364827271mm head on the pint

At rugby they have people walking around with beer ‘jet packs’ to speed up service ( http://www.jetpacks.com/brand-your-drinks-dispenser/ ) : only really useful for a couple of hours pre match and at half time

Have something like paella/chilli/spag bol/stew etc that can be cooked in huge pans and quickly served : people complain that it’s not vegetarian/halal/wagyu steak etc

The fact of the matter is, it’s a pain in the ar5e  that you can’t have a pint while watching the football! And people like to moan!  

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
Youngy
August 7, 2022, 2:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,674
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from aldi_01

I think Heinsenberg alluded we to this regarding what time is best to arrive. My view is, once you reach 2pm you’re probably buggered at getting in. Nobody’s fault but numbers dictate and I’d imagine few leave before about 15 minutes to KO.

No different to the Blundell or Imp when it was open and the early comers got tables etc…

My cousin came to meet us yesterday in there, he walked straight in and turned up at 2:15. I think the expanded capacity has massively helped ease things
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Food?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.