2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Mayaman
August 5, 2022, 6:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
So, I went out on a date which turned out to be as successful as an Ollie Palmer clearance  / Stephan Payne headbutt.  On the way home , I decided to pop into a rather small and unobtrusive bar.   I chatted to the owner and his buddy about sailing - I've navigated the boating lake quite successfully.   A bloke turned up wearing a baseball cap, headphones and sunglasses ( at night) .  After a few beers, I paid my bill and I was ready to go home just as the heavens open.  I stood looking at the pelting rain and Mr. Incognito asked if I was a Grimsby Town fan.  After I nodded, he told me that his side were playing us tomorrow.  We struck up a convo about all things footie.  His hooker left in disgust.  He went to the '98 play off final .  I also have a mate here who was in the final against Bournemouth.  I really try hard to not be smug.  Anyway, he wanted to take a photo for the Cobbler's forum, so I obliged.

Attachment: 46_pm_1309.jpg
Size: 120.56 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message
blundellpork
August 5, 2022, 10:57pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,665
Gold Stars: 32
Tell me this took place in Seoul
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
GYinScuntland
August 6, 2022, 2:00am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
How much do the ladyboys charge around your way?
Asking for a friend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
Mayaman
August 6, 2022, 3:18am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from GYinScuntland
How much do the ladyboys charge around your way?
Asking for a friend.

Don't have any in Vietnam.  Not sure why Thailand has so many.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
Heisenberg
August 6, 2022, 7:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
You wore a town shirt on a date?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
male private Nale
August 6, 2022, 7:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -924
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Heisenberg

Beetroot sandwich was the main course with a bovril chaser
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 6, 2022, 7:54am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Heisenberg

I was thinking this.

I’m not sure I’d hang around ex-pat bars in Vietnam with a shirt shouting ‘Young’s’ across the front. All that glitters is not gold.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
FPVmariner
August 6, 2022, 7:59am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
That’s amazing, finding a cobblers fan in Asia.  I live in Northants and never seen one yet.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 6, 2022, 8:18am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
You’ve made it on to the Cobblers forum! No photo though:

TrickTurner69

Just had strange experience in a bar (in Tact Hymen in Saigon, if you know it) in Vietnam. Guy in a Grimsby shirt, sweating like a bag of salad at the back of a fridge, starts chatting about boats, fish and more fish being in the sea. So I go, hello sailor. Comes over to speak to me and my husband about the 98 Micky Mouse trophy at Wembley. Doesn’t notice I’m blind. I wasn’t at the 98 match as I had a ticket for Adam Rickitt at The Panting Dog. My husband was there though. He takes the hump and storms out. Anyway, he asks me to take a photo of him. I oblige. Cute for a cod head. Does anyone know how to upload photos as my hubby’s still got the hump. Hope we win today. Hear Fox is still out with a hammy strain - kin pound shop Redondo. Wish we’d sign a striker but not many on the market. Cobblin on together.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Mayaman
August 6, 2022, 10:53am
Brandy Drinker
You’ve made it on to the Cobblers forum! No photo though:

TrickTurner69

Just had strange experience in a bar (in Tact Hymen in Saigon, if you know it) in Vietnam. Guy in a Grimsby shirt, sweating like a bag of salad at the back of a fridge, starts chatting about boats, fish and more fish being in the sea. So I go, hello sailor. Comes over to speak to me and my husband about the 98 Micky Mouse trophy at Wembley. Doesn’t notice I’m blind. I wasn’t at the 98 match as I had a ticket for Adam Rickitt at The Panting Dog. My husband was there though. He takes the hump and storms out. Anyway, he asks me to take a photo of him. I oblige. Cute for a cod head. Does anyone know how to upload photos as my hubby’s still got the hump. Hope we win today. Hear Fox is still out with a hammy strain - kin pound shop Redondo. Wish we’d sign a striker but not many on the market. Cobblin on together.

Brilliant mate.  Cute for a cod head - that might just be my next t shirt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A Cobblers fan in Asia

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.