Gilbertswand
July 28, 2022, 4:33pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +184
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from forza ivano
really good - he's just so refreshing.
My wife is in a 'leadership role' and she says 'he always give me something , professionally, to think about or ponder on'. She follows Town as a sort of bystander, but she always stops what she's doing and listens to what he has to say

Totally agree with this, Really inspiring leader, who we are so lucky to have...
I have been around as a leader/manager for 25 years, in all sorts of organisations and from a change management point of view, what our new owners have has done is absolutely incredible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
RonMariner
July 28, 2022, 5:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,797
Gold Stars: 226
Excellent interview. Such a change to hear such an intelligent and wide ranging discussion involving a club chairman.

Makes me both proud and optimistic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
BenBB
July 28, 2022, 6:55pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +844
Gold Stars: 30
If you're on desktop/laptop/Android and don't have iTunes or can't be bothered to install it - starts at 41:40:

https://podtail.com/podcast/price-of-football/supply-chain-issues-delay-kit-sales-grimsby-town-c/

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 17
wuffing
July 28, 2022, 7:05pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +841
Gold Stars: 38
Wow. We are out there!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
acko338
July 28, 2022, 7:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,230
Gold Stars: 33
Refreshingly straight talking.

Putting human factors into the equation for future signings - players are wanting to come here when interviewed - being looked after = no brainer quotes.

Also gives rightful praise for the work of Neil Woods with the youth players.

Putting professional people into positions that need professional expertise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
ginnywings
July 28, 2022, 8:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Where were the idioms?

Up a gum tree, throwing the baby out with the bathwater, tickled pink etc..

Disappointed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
lew chaterleys lover
July 28, 2022, 8:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
You have to say that was one incredible interview. His vision of wanting to use the club as a springboard for great things for the town of Grimsby and the club is both clever and passionate.*

Some fans say football is a new religion, and he implies the same by arguing it is one of the few constants in our lives where many of us congregate fortnightly to go through our rituals and feel part of a community of sorts.

Grimsby is a special place and I like that he gets that and bangs the drum on Grimsby's behalf, as I do wherever possible but he has a much greater audience!

Where all this will take us is anybody's guess, but what a chance we have to really make our mark; if he totally succeeds, I can envisage a new stadium as the catalyst for town improvements with the general public and the council buying into his ideas. He seems to want GTFC and everything associated with it to be the centre of excellence, with similar improvements radiating outwards into Grimsby in general as people whether fans or not see improvements being made.

*I admit I never truly understood his ideas until listening to this interview; I thought he was well-intentioned and a much nicer and supportive chairman than you know who, and had the money and the contacts and would make things happen but was somewhat vague in his talk about values etc. In this interview, he explains it perfectly.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
diehardmariner
July 29, 2022, 9:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
He's just great isn't he!

Relatable, intelligent without being patronising, compassionate, warm, engaging.  

intercourse me, we've fallen on our feet a bit!
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Jason Stockwood interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.