Heisenberg
July 21, 2022, 6:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from blundellpork

I’m a bit dubious of this one. Walsall, who are presumably fancied to struggle this season, happy to let someone come to a division rival. Hmmm….

Anyway, Hurst’s no mug, so fingers crossed this one works out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
LondonMariner43
July 21, 2022, 6:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,978
Gold Stars: 64
Feels like a bit of a squad filler
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
Jarmo.Is.God
July 21, 2022, 6:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Some Walsall fans said he's good, fast, and always goves 100% - sounds like a typical Hurst signing
Just doesn't work with Flynn's formation, and wasn't signed by him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
scott
July 21, 2022, 6:48pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +130
Gold Stars: 1
Sounds good. If he doesn't fit in with their new manager and we are paying his wage or a good portion of it you can see why he's been allowed to come here. Even though I'm not a fan of a 6 month loan as it seems to go a bit against what we've be doing,  I will trust hurst on this as it purely could be a tactical/squad player type signing due to the 5 subs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
livosnose
July 21, 2022, 7:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,176
Gold Stars: 15
Spoke to my Harrogate town fan/ friend . Great player , likes to take players on , great attitude , better as a striker than a winger !

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
Bigdog
July 21, 2022, 10:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
He's got raw pace. Something we haven't got in the squad and probably didn't have last season either. A great option to unsettle defences and an out ball over the top if required..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
Stew0_0
July 21, 2022, 10:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,188
Gold Stars: 35
What I'm finding quite interesting is that league 2 clubs are willing to let their players go out to rival and fellow division clubs. In previous seasons this would have been avoided but khan joining from Orient and now Kiernan from Walsall shows how happy clubs are just to free up some wage budget for potentially a new player. Looking at Brendan's history he's scored goals every club he's played at. Looks quick, direct and an upgrade on Sousa, plus has till January to prove himself and maybe put himself in the shop window.
So no brainer for me. Hopefully plays really well and we snap him up on a perm in the next window. Either way hopefully help put us in a strong position come Christmas.
Good luck and  welcome to the Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
moosey_club
July 21, 2022, 10:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
With it being a shorter loan could it be that Khan's injury is a little more serious than initially thought?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
Mariner_09
July 21, 2022, 10:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Sounds like he has every attribute you’d want in a winger. Pace, directness, good crosser and will track back. The natural pessimist in me therefore wonders what’s the catch, wouldn’t he be at a higher level than L2 if he has all that. Maybe he’s inconsistent and has games or periods in games where he goes missing.

Or, the ever increasing bullish part of my intellect, says it’s cos we’re shopping at Sainsbury’s (not quite Waitrose yet) and not Aldi or Lidl, or even by this stage in most transfer windows we’ve been at a food bank! Even though we’re signing players close to the start of the season, they’ve got clubs and have good reputations. Think it’s the case with this lad as well as Khan, Morris maybe Orsi as well where they’ve come off the back of issues/question marks at other clubs whether it be through injury, change in management, even attitude issues but if it clicks and Hursty gets a tune out of them (as he has done before) they’ll look a cut above at L2.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brendan Kiernan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.