aldi_01
July 14, 2022, 10:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from 4055
If Fenty had messed with the badge and added green to our shirts , I wonder what would of happened.   ....just a thought.🤔

Fenty wouldn’t have done that because he and his acolytes did intercourse all to try and drag the club forward so we’d still have a excrement deal with Youngs and just a kit, but still have stacks of them in the club shop having only sold 2000 season tickets looking at another mid table non league finish…

The green thing is a flipping made up member and bull story anyway…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 88
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
July 14, 2022, 10:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Im someone who likes a cool looking shirt for fashion reasons, love this years york city ones. This away one is ok, doesnt look tacky or cheap, but not a buy for me. Kind of want the homeshirt but hesitating over the collar
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 88
July 14, 2022, 10:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from Hagrid

Fenty wouldnt have had myenergi sponsoring us in a deal worth a hell of a lot more than youngs were paying
We would be a NL Club with 2000 gates

Why have you brought him up?

As I said just a thought,  If the previous  regime had not  asked fans re the badge and also  adding  green to the shirt , ignoring the  legend/  myth   what would of happened.  Plus where can I find how much  new sponsorship  is worth. I'm just asking .
Reply: 52 - 88
HarrogateMariner
July 14, 2022, 11:13pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
I really like it, a bit different. Never going to please everyone, but the fact we are arguing about how good an away shirt is probably tells us there is not much else to complain about at the moment!

Son really likes it as well so that's one birthday present sorted!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 88
gtfc_chris
July 15, 2022, 7:43am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,506
Gold Stars: 115
I'm a fan. Personally, I like the green trim, think it offers something a bit different on previous colour schemes and prefer this collar to the home shirt. Had to look again for the sponsor, I didn't notice that the first time round but once you've noticed it it's hard not to focus on it, I think it's a touch close, if we're free to nitpick then I'd drop it down an inch or two.

As HarrogateMariner said, if the particulars of an away shirt are the height of what we have to fuss over and complain about then what a time to be a Town fan!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 88
aldi_01
July 15, 2022, 7:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
I’d say the sponsor is higher but folk are only nitpicking Becauee it’s not where it normally is.

Hardly an issue really?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 88
gtfc_chris
July 15, 2022, 7:55am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
I’d say the sponsor is higher but folk are only nitpicking Becauee it’s not where it normally is.

Hardly an issue really?

No but I think that's the point people are making. It's an opinions thing but in the grand scheme of things where the sponsor logo is located on a shirt has no bearing on absolutely anything that will contribute towards earning points on matchday. The fact a few people have noticed and commented on it with personal preference, for others to then bemoan or question that view shows how far we've come in terms of what we have to be divided over. If that's the height of our summer disagreement within the fan base as opposed to how the Club is being run from top to bottom and how every poor every aspect was then it reflects just how good the new owners have performed in their short time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 88
aldi_01
July 15, 2022, 8:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from gtfc_chris

No but I think that's the point people are making. It's an opinions thing but in the grand scheme of things where the sponsor logo is located on a shirt has no bearing on absolutely anything that will contribute towards earning points on matchday. The fact a few people have noticed and commented on it with personal preference, for others to then bemoan or question that view shows how far we've come in terms of what we have to be divided over. If that's the height of our summer disagreement within the fan base as opposed to how the Club is being run from top to bottom and how every poor every aspect was then it reflects just how good the new owners have performed in their short time.

Agreed…let’s face it, not two summers ago we’d played zero pre season, has signed Sunday league players, hadn’t cut the grass, had one ball, an owner with intercourse all idea, a charlatan for a manager and a club desperate for covid to curtail a season Becauee they couldn’t be arsed…all whilst the owner cosied up to his new fraudster mate which he wanted involved with the club…likely seeing us go the same way as bury…

Could be worse eh?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 88
diehardmariner
July 15, 2022, 8:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
I've not bought a shirt on release since about 2001.  I don't wear them to games and generally they're just not for me.  Fair enough people do like and buy them.

But I really like that away kit.  To the point it's the first one I've been tempted to buy in a long, long time!
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 88
gtfc_chris
July 15, 2022, 9:51am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

Agreed…let’s face it, not two summers ago we’d played zero pre season, has signed Sunday league players, hadn’t cut the grass, had one ball, an owner with intercourse all idea, a charlatan for a manager and a club desperate for covid to curtail a season Becauee they couldn’t be arsed…all whilst the owner cosied up to his new fraudster mate which he wanted involved with the club…likely seeing us go the same way as bury…

Could be worse eh?

Yeah, the sponsor logo could have been 1cm higher than it already is!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Away Shirt Revealed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.