1878 MEMBERSHIP

This thread currently has 1,245 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
mariner1424
July 11, 2022, 1:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +63
Does anyone know how this works, I can't make every home match as I work a lot of Saturdays, but this looks a good option. Do you get like a membership card or something like that ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
MarinerDevil
July 11, 2022, 1:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
Yep, it's a membership card.  You can load tickets onto it if you buy online so you can just tap the card against the scanner to get into the ground.  You get your sixth match free as long as you buy tickets to five home matches with your online account.  You also get 10% off in the club shop, bring a friend for £5, free drinks vouchers etc.

Full details: https://t.co/ZSpyQnjvz3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Son of Cod
July 11, 2022, 2:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Priority after trust members this season. That's different to last season and seems like a clanger from the club, unless their goal is to get people to join the trust. Was the main benefit for me last season, but there's not much motivation for me to drop £25 on this now that my £12 trust membership offers that perk. How useful that will even be with the increase in ST holders remains to be seen anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
gtfckyle
July 11, 2022, 2:17pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +25
Quoted from Son of Cod
Priority after trust members this season. That's different to last season and seems like a clanger from the club, unless their goal is to get people to join the trust. Was the main benefit for me last season, but there's not much motivation for me to drop £25 on this now that my £12 trust membership offers that perk. How useful that will even be with the increase in ST holders remains to be seen anyway.

Agree!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Limerick Mariner
July 11, 2022, 2:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,723
Gold Stars: 137
For home games, priority for ST resales will probably be the most useful thing - for games approaching sell out. For away games alot won't get past ST holder priority. Might be useful for long-distance games and bigger away allocations - Donny, Bradford Rochdale but anything within 150 miles and allocation of under 1,500 - probably not going make it past STs, certainly not if we are doing ok.  I'm going to renew mine because I get a second ticket if you have Trust and 1878.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
toontown
July 11, 2022, 10:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yeah seems an odd decision to me, family member won't be getting one now as you may as well just get trust membership for half the price and jump ahead of the 1878 club members in the queue for tickets. Bizarre really.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
TuckerJenkins
July 13, 2022, 8:27pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +67
Gold Stars: 1
Makes it nice and easy having one as you just load your ticket onto it. Beats using paper although they may be another way of doing it have only used 1878.

Flippin' 'eck Tucker!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1878 MEMBERSHIP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.