lew chaterleys lover
July 3, 2022, 11:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from jamesgtfc

But 1878 aren't going to be around forever. We don't know how long they intend to stick around for and the next owner/s might not be the best. Build the membership up and obtain more involvement with the club during these good times and the Trust puts itself in a much stronger position should bad times appear again.

I would trust the owners to ensure they hand over to people who they themselves have vetted. I would have zero confidence in an enhanced Trust being of any use if by chance we got bad owners in the future.

I think we are diametrically opposed on this issue, or rather I just don't see the point of a fan Trust to effect meaningful change in difficult times.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
1mickylyons
July 4, 2022, 10:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
People are entitled to opinions but how/who do you think actually leaked the Alex May story to get it out in public?
I would bet a small fortune it was a high up MT figure to help safeguard our Club.
Reasons to join ?
How about the great work getting fans to the London stadium including picking up the pieces of someone taking money for a coach and said coach nowhere to be seen.
The Fanzone a massive improvement for many and the matchday experience.
Kristine Green getting well deserved recognition for her work with our fans.
Lastly I paid £15 for a year's trust membership and got 5% off a season ticket so......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
DB
July 4, 2022, 12:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
If you want to make a comment about Town, be it good or bad, then you can do it on here or GT or anywhere you wish as an individual. It will be read/heard/debated and then forgotten.

If this comment, as a member, is sent to the trust then it can be looked at. If agreed it can then be raised at a board meeting. The trust is the supporters' voice in the running of the club.

Not only this the trust helps supporters as in getting to the London Stadium, fanzone etc.

If you don't like what they do, tell them. If they do nothing and you are adamant about your opinion find some like-minded people and bring it up at the agm.

Many clubs have far bigger supporters clubs than ours, so join, and finally, leave the past where it is. A new chapter started in May 2021. The future looks good, embrace it, the future is Black and White.

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
lew chaterleys lover
July 4, 2022, 1:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from DB
If you want to make a comment about Town, be it good or bad, then you can do it on here or GT or anywhere you wish as an individual. It will be read/heard/debated and then forgotten.

If this comment, as a member, is sent to the trust then it can be looked at. If agreed it can then be raised at a board meeting. The trust is the supporters' voice in the running of the club.

Not only this the trust helps supporters as in getting to the London Stadium, fanzone etc.

If you don't like what they do, tell them. If they do nothing and you are adamant about your opinion find some like-minded people and bring it up at the agm.

Many clubs have far bigger supporters clubs than ours, so join, and finally, leave the past where it is. A new chapter started in May 2021. The future looks good, embrace it, the future is Black and White.

UTM

The future does indeed look good, fantastic I would say.

However that is down almost exclusively to the new ownership of the club.

The point I was making above was that it is the culture of the ownership that decides whether a fans organisation has any influence at all on the clubs fortunes.

Under Fenty the Trust was just a pawn in his games; he had the measure of them but instead of trying to oust him by highlighting his faults to the wider fan base he let them give him credibility.

Fast forward to the new owners who embrace fan representation then it all looks rosy, but the owners know what needs doing anyway. So either way I maintain that a fans organisation has only very limited influence, but I do acknowledge  it is nicer that all organisations connected to the club are pulling in the same direction  including me as a lifelong and diehard fan and all those like me. However without new owners we would have got more of the same, Trust or no Trust.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
Mariner John
July 4, 2022, 1:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +629
Gold Stars: 51
Well, I joined, no brainer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
Rodley Mariner
July 4, 2022, 1:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
For anybody with kids I would strongly recommend signing them up.Think it was £5 each for my two and during the season they got a ground tour, played on the pitch and spent pre match and the first half of a game with Sam Strandt posting the teams on twitter, running the scoreboard and that kind of thing. As exiles we also missed quite a few other things - press conferences, parties etc It has absolutely solidified them as nailed on Town fans and been amazing value for money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
ex-merseymariner
July 4, 2022, 5:41pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9

The future does indeed look good, fantastic I would say.
However that is down almost exclusively to the new ownership of the club.

This is clearly balderdash. The current owners have rightfully admitted that the trust played an important part in the fanzone and the new ticketing system, (doing great work in spite of the old regime), but you've chosen to ignore that.

Sounds like you've over simplified things so you can justify dissing the trust.  Whatever.

The trust has an important role, and its membership should increase as our attendances increase.  And I agree, the things it does for junior members are awesome.

And finally, in response to moan moan the trust is useless?  Have u heard of Operation Promotion? Trust led, raised 6 figure sum, united fans etc.....

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust Membership& Season Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.