9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
June 18, 2022, 8:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think it’s a decent signing and was pretty happy. I’m not sure what there is to be underwhelmed about. It’s not like we’ve lost Ben Fox and signed Gavin Gunning or Nick Hegarty to replace Nathan Arnold.

Hurst will have spent a long time working on this and the fact he wanted him last year says a lot.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 85
HertsGTFC
June 18, 2022, 8:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from aldi_01
I think it’s a decent signing and was pretty happy. I’m not sure what there is to be underwhelmed about. It’s not like we’ve lost Ben Fox and signed Gavin Gunning or Nick Hegarty to replace Nathan Arnold.

Hurst will have spent a long time working on this and the fact he wanted him last year says a lot.

This week we’ve secured the signatures of 2 proven centre backs and a striker who’s has a decent scoring record, this time 2 weeks ago we didn’t even know what league we’d be playing in. Decent start to what is still a strengthening job rather than the usual complete rebuild.

Get Clifton, Amos and Taylor done next week then we’ll add more players that have only been on Hursts radar but will have the credentials & potential to make a difference.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 85
Superdan147
June 18, 2022, 8:35am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Interesting signing. This time last year he’d of been hot property. Scored more goals in the national league than the likes of Kyle Wootton, tshimanga, dallas, Paul mccallum to name a few. That’s in a very mediocre Maidenhead side.

For whatever reason (suspect having luke Armstrong/Jack Muldoon already in place) , he didn’t get the starts/minutes at Harrogate , although he did manage 6 goals in 6 starts and subsequently joined boreham wood in January. Again, found himself on the fringes but still managed 2 goals in 7 starts. I think it’s clear, if he’s playing games, he’s clearly got something about him to get goals, the stats certainly show that. Time will tell how much of a part he will play for us, but we mustn’t forget we’ve lost dieseruvwe/abrahams/Lenny in the summer and only have Taylor and mcatee, so clearly we need numbers, as well as quality.

As always, it’s always best to judge a player when they’ve had a run of games, rather than on Google
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 85
Mariner93er
June 18, 2022, 8:39am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
We had 2 spots to fill with manni and Abraham's gone, potentially 3 if Taylor goes. So he's only going to be one of the strikers we sign. If the rumours are true and we also sign winnall, I'd be pleased with our options.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 85
Deckhand
June 18, 2022, 9:01am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 3
Nice to see the idiots are still about and still not happy
UP THE MARINERS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 85
GhostDan
June 18, 2022, 9:22am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Looking forward to seeing him play, decent size lad and baring last season - has a pretty impressive goal record.

As somebody mentioned above, I think the key point is that he's probably going to be 1 of 3/4 Strikers at the club next season. So far we have him and Taylor (providing he signs), so at the very least 1 more to come on top of those.

I'm looking forward to seeing the squad take shape over the next few weeks, things are going to have to move pretty quickly with pre-season fast approaching.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 85
AdamHaddock
June 18, 2022, 9:27am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,834
Gold Stars: 26
Shall we judge him now Orsi how he gets on?

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 85
Running like emson
June 18, 2022, 9:33am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 8
Looks like he might be a finisher. I’m optimistic
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 85
GrimPol
June 18, 2022, 9:49am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -786
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Superdan147
Interesting signing. This time last year he’d of been hot property. Scored more goals in the national league than the likes of Kyle Wootton, tshimanga, dallas, Paul mccallum to name a few. That’s in a very mediocre Maidenhead side.

For whatever reason (suspect having luke Armstrong/Jack Muldoon already in place) , he didn’t get the starts/minutes at Harrogate , although he did manage 6 goals in 6 starts and subsequently joined boreham wood in January. Again, found himself on the fringes but still managed 2 goals in 7 starts. I think it’s clear, if he’s playing games, he’s clearly got something about him to get goals, the stats certainly show that. Time will tell how much of a part he will play for us, but we mustn’t forget we’ve lost dieseruvwe/abrahams/Lenny in the summer and only have Taylor and mcatee, so clearly we need numbers, as well as quality.

As always, it’s always best to judge a player when they’ve had a run of games, rather than on Google

John McAtee Scunthorpe 44 apps 4 goals, Grimsby 36 apps 14 goals.
Just depends on how Orsi is used and encouraged.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 85
sam gy
June 18, 2022, 10:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
All Town unless it didn’t quite work out last season for reasons unbeknownst to us arent we?!?

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Orsi

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.