6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
June 19, 2022, 6:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,259
Gold Stars: 266
The one when we got the trophy after the Forest Green win . He is jumping about like an excited 4 year old behind the players .
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 56
aldi_01
June 19, 2022, 7:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from It Bites
The one when we got the trophy after the Forest Green win . He is jumping about like an excited 4 year old behind the players .

Fast forward 6 years and the players invited the owners to come and parade the trophy around, genuinely wanted them there and then the disappeared in to the background to allow the players to have their moment…

Fenty spent more time remaining us it was his club, not ours…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 56
Kris2
June 19, 2022, 10:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Ah yes the Wembley final... Fenty making sure to position himself in front of the camera celebrating like he'd been on the pitch and won the game himself. There is another video somewhere with the team collecting their medals and you see Fenty barge his way in and start hugging everyone he can get his hands on to draw attention, he wasn't even there beforehand he just appears as if from nowhere smelling the spotlight and then this display happened.  

https://youtu.be/Yp_g7duO_mk

Video found and timestamped for your viewing displeasure https://youtu.be/IZR7GEFyTHI?t=1075
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 56
TownSNAFU5
June 19, 2022, 10:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
In the video he puts his arm around all the women,  saying one is pretty,  attitudes as old as the Main Stand.

When there was a picture of the floodlights, I was  expecting him to be fixing something half way up,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 56
promotion plaice
June 19, 2022, 11:12pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

The past is the past, let's just move on now and look forward to whatever the future brings under the new owners.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 56
Oly1987
June 20, 2022, 4:14am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Kris2
The culture seems to be the biggest change at the club so far. The impression I get is that it's become a really good place to work and that bodes well for future recruitment. From the squad, coaches to the office, boardroom, chefs, kitchen staff and so on they all seem to speak highly of the club. Nothing is ever perfect but it seems to have become a much better place for everyone it takes to run a football club and players who left have nothing but good things to say about everyone working there.

In the past it often seemed negative and a lot of people had some not nice things to say about how difficult Fenty was to work with. The new regime wanted to bring in their own people and it seems like they bought in competent people on merit and not random friends and associates that put nothing into the club and have no idea how to run a football club or a business. He didn't want competent people on the board he just wanted people who wouldn't challenge him on anything. He handed out board positions to his solicitor and accountant for free and said there were there to provide expertise...I'm still not sure what their contributions actually were beyond trying to protect his bubble and going after all detractors legally.

I think this video sums up Fenty's reign, looking very proud of himself while stroking his own ego as he parades around looking proud of a rusty old fridge and how little he's spent modernising anything. Then everybody shown on camera looks super uncomfortable around him and tense. The part that kills me is the Bill Shankly memorial picture that just looks like a print out that was cut out and stuck up there. Buy a frame at least...  https://youtu.be/ZpaLKe9vFPk

Legal challenges from you know who probably....

I feel dirty all over after watching that. 100% cringe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 56
aldi_01
June 20, 2022, 6:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Thing with that video, it was some relatively early on in his reign, the warning signs were there but too many bought his bullshit.

It was his club, about him. Nobody else. He didn’t want it to be anything other than his thing. We were an annoyance, a hinderance to his progress. The Alex May stuff; there was a leaping to Fenty and May’s defence. Remember the statement essentially blaming us for frightening offa convicted fraudster who was pretending to put a million quid in? Even that statement went so far as to attack fans and say we were a reason the clubs progress would stall…

I never saw anyone look comfortable around him unless you were part of the inner circle.

The embarrassing times were plentiful and again, he lacks any self awareness to realise that he looked an idiot and embarrassed himself and the club.

The spurs game, why was he even in there. Nobody invited him, again just another way for him to Willy wave and remind everyone he owned us. Wembley, another embarrassment. He even did it at Exeter that Christmas when we snatched a win after Macca had played like Buffon, there he was strolling on the pitch celebrating with the players. They looked uncomfortable and confused.

For me, these moments are equally as bad as pretending he isn’t use money that wasn’t his to purchase the club, that he didn’t manipulate the club constitution and so forth to ensure he couldn’t be challenged, equally as embarrassing as obtaining money by using blackmail and lacking any moral compass…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 56
RonMariner
June 20, 2022, 7:49am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Yes, but apart from that …..oh and the relegation, oh and the other relegation, and then dropping out of the league, erm twice, ….

Jesus. Thank the lord he has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 56
Son of Cod
June 20, 2022, 8:43am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
This quisling rat of a man has the gall to class himself as a fan despite still holding our club to ransom over his era of utter incompetence. Well, apparently it's every fan's dream to play for their club and have their supporters singing their name. So John, if you're reading this I just want you to know that while re-watching the playoff matches, I hope you swelled up with the same immense feeling of pride as I did when hearing your name all over national TV sung by every single Town fan at each of those matches. Your legacy has unfortunately been written into our club's history but thankfully the last line of that is basically...thank fuck you've gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 56
Kris2
June 20, 2022, 9:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
I think people feeling uncomfortable and a bit confused is how I've seen most people react to Fenty in general.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fillipe , Fenty etc

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.