Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Goal of the season.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 273 Guests

Goal of the season.

This thread currently has 2,692 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
June 8, 2022, 11:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Mcatee’s goal at Wrexham reminded me of the Rooney goal against Newcastle; he’d been arsey all game and was getting annoyed, ball comes across and he just pings it.

Mcatee had the look of a man who wasn’t happy moneybags were in front so took it upon himself to change it…

My personal fave is thr Holohan goal chesterfield…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
SouthLakesMariner
June 8, 2022, 11:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +938
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Stockport Mariner
The 3rd goal away at Altrincham was a great team goal.

I think Holohan’s at Chesterfield probably shades it, but I agree Harry Clifton’s goal away at Altrincham is one of my personal favourites. About 5:30mins into these highlights.

https://youtu.be/7xMeREtUXUQ
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
June 9, 2022, 3:17am
Guest User
Quoted from RonMariner
I think McAtee’s goal at Wrexham was out of the top draw and would not be out of place in the premier league.

It was similar to many of the goals Mahrez scored for Leicester...prompting the PL pundits to drool, and Man City to buy him.

I could have gone for Alex Hunt's free-kick home to Barnet, because when that went in I first had the (joyous) thought that "this could be our season".
But Ryan Taylor's goal in the Wrexham semi-final was just so beautiful I have to go for that.

We've been utterly spoiled by the quality of the goals our team has scored this season. Long may it continue.
Reply: 22 - 27
ex-merseymariner
June 9, 2022, 6:30am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from SouthLakesMariner

I think Holohan’s at Chesterfield probably shades it, but I agree Harry Clifton’s goal away at Altrincham is one of my personal favourites. About 5:30mins into these highlights.

https://youtu.be/7xMeREtUXUQ

Agree, loved that team goal. Ta for posting 😀

Also worth watching for the Alty commentators' views, about how town deserve to be top, what a great goal, how they are gonna win tonight, and oh hang on, what's he been sent off for!?!? (Bapaga).

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
It Bites
June 9, 2022, 8:00am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,258
Gold Stars: 266
McAtees goal in the Semi Final against Wrexham . everything about it was premier league quality
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
RonMariner
June 9, 2022, 8:50am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
So many great goals, shows what a fine team we have,
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
cjbill
June 9, 2022, 9:27am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
I can't see past McAtee's edge of the area volley. To pull that off was something else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
RonMariner
June 9, 2022, 12:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from cjbill
I can't see past McAtee's edge of the area volley. To pull that off was something else.

His goal on Sunday was a bloody cool finish too. Especially given the circumstances.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Goal of the season.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.