Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Goodbye Tinpot.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 223 Guests

Goodbye Tinpot.

This thread currently has 1,293 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
rancido
June 8, 2022, 11:21am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Now I have got my breath back over the events of the last three weeks it's nice to say goodbye to the Tinpot Administration that is the non-league 5th tier of English Football. This in no way reflects on the sponsors , Vanarama who made a generous donation so that more underfunded fans could attend , or most of the teams who compete at this level but levelled at the organising body that runs it. Their total lack of understanding of how non-league  football should be run is totally encapsulated in the organising of their " show piece event " ( their words ) of the Final. The timing, choice of venue and ticketing arrangements, including pricing , demonstrates a complete lack of understanding as regards the fans who follow football at this level. One would like to think that they might learn from the large amount of vocal criticism by the fans on this subject but sadly , judging by their comments, they won't . Fortunately the outcome was deservedly in our favour and hopefully we won't have to experience this kind of fiasco again. UTMM

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimps
June 8, 2022, 11:31am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Their response to the complaints about the ticket prices seemed to translate to ….
We’re going to rip your fans off to pay for the administration of the league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
lukeo
June 8, 2022, 12:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
I don't like the word 'tinpot' for the NL.. I hate the owners and organisers but inside the leagues teams there's some cracking people, players, fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
ska face
June 8, 2022, 12:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Was glad to see that, in the midst of all the celebrating, the town fans remembered to give a fúcking great boooo to the NL suits when they came to present the trophy. Must’ve been very embarrassing for them in front of their families and assorted cronies. lol.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
rancido
June 8, 2022, 3:22pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from lukeo
I don't like the word 'tinpot' for the NL.. I hate the owners and organisers but inside the leagues teams there's some cracking people, players, fans.

That was the point I was making. It's the administration of the NL , not the teams .

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
lukeo
June 8, 2022, 5:22pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
Ah ok fair. I agree Grant, although absolutely delighted and bouncing around I soon stopped for a few seconds to boo them!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Goodbye Tinpot.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.