Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The utter joyous madness of the 1878 story continu
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 239 Guests

The utter joyous madness of the 1878 story continu

This thread currently has 3,723 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Croxton
June 8, 2022, 8:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
I was going to delay renewing until July but have persuaded my financial director that it is only fair to all concerned that current STH's renew asap or 'get off the pot'.

As a loner I don't mind being shifted a few seats here or there to accomodate families etc. so I will mention that as I commit my funds to the cause tomorrow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
grimps
June 8, 2022, 8:44pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
I’ve decided to get one now and I doubt I’ll get to more than 3-4 games due to me living abroad , I’ll just let family members use it while I’m away but if I have to fly home for Man U in the cup I’ll be having the ticket 😂

I’ve just had a look on the website and the ticket prices are really cheap in my opinion , especially for juniors ect .
75 quid for a junior is great value when you consider my first junior season ticket 30 odd years ago was 45 quid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
lew chaterleys lover
June 8, 2022, 8:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
If home tickets really are going to be like gold dust, what is the absolute minimum away seats we must provide?
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
ginnywings
June 8, 2022, 9:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
If home tickets really are going to be like gold dust, what is the absolute minimum away seats we must provide?

Not certain but I think if your ground capacity is under a certain amount, you only have to give 10%.

That would be about 900 in our case. Don't know how that would work logistically with home fans in the Osmond and that amount of away fans.

We've done it with smaller away followings this past season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
lew chaterleys lover
June 8, 2022, 9:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from ginnywings

Not certain but I think if your ground capacity is under a certain amount, you only have to give 10%.

That would be about 900 in our case. Don't know how that would work logistically with home fans in the Osmond and that amount of away fans.

We've done it with smaller away followings this past season.

Thinking about it I do always enjoy big away followings so perhaps the best option would be to install temporary (not green!) seats, preferably with a roof on if we are going to have to increase capacity to deal with the increased demand for tickets. ( I never ever thought I would have to write that!)
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
Roast Em Bobby
June 8, 2022, 9:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
As an exile who can only get back for weekend games, I'm going to be gutted if we're sold out every match due to a massive percentage of capacity being taken up by season ticket holders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
Poojah
June 8, 2022, 9:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
As an exile who can only get back for weekend games, I'm going to be gutted if we're sold out every match due to a massive percentage of capacity being taken up by season ticket holders.

I think you’ll still be alright as long as you’re on the ball. I think there are roughly 6,700 seats in the home end, discounting any extra we might be able to allocate in the Osmond, so even in the best / worst case scenario (depending on your perspective) that will still leave a good 1,500 tickets available for general sale.

This might be a good time for the club to think about some kind of loyalty system, however.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
LH
June 8, 2022, 10:08pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
Loyalty system or a permanent buy back scheme with an option to privately transferring to third parties (transfer option possibly to 1878 members only with a fee to make up the difference? Obviously hypothetical at the minute but it wouldn’t be a massive surprise if we sold 4-5k and floaters/non-regulars/exiles would definitely miss out in that situation.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
supertown
June 8, 2022, 10:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53

It’s 10percent or 500 if your ground is less than 5000 I believe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The utter joyous madness of the 1878 story continu

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.