2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Teesknees
June 6, 2022, 1:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18

I can just imagine Tom Cruise mavericking as Hurst, turning to Sousa (played by Drake) and saying, ‘You can be my wingman anytime (just don’t shoot or cross, give it simple)’.

Sousa looks nothing like Charlie Drake and he's more likely to say "Hello my darling's"
I don't think you've thought that through!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
TownSNAFU5
June 6, 2022, 5:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Talking of winning from a goal down and scoring last minute winners.  Honourable mention to giving Liverpool a goal start at Anfield.  Then Town winning with another last minute winner.

Even more impressive:  getting battered by Everton for 90 mins at Goodison Park.  Then Paul Wilkinson scored a last-minute winner. Everton then bought him.  Everton won the league that season without having a home defeat.  Bar us of course in the League Cup.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
Limerick Mariner
June 6, 2022, 8:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,727
Gold Stars: 137
We don't do easy promotions any more do we.

The first in my lifetime in 72 we did it with a game to spare, then again in 79, 80 and 90. Then it started in 91, we fecked up at home to bottom club, Crewe, which put pressure on us for the last two games and we had to endure a last day nail-biter v Exeter, especially in the second half. Then play-offs for the first time, with a tense 1-0 v Fulham at BP, missing a pen at Wembley and those 6 minutes of added time v Northampton. Then ten minutes from exit at Braintree and tension at Wembley until Arnold's last minuter. Yesterday was never going to be a cruise like Port Vale had against Mansfield the other week, and will anyone ever match our 3 X ET with a total of 4 crucial goals within 10 minutes of full time / end of ET?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Winning from behind

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.