6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
June 2, 2022, 11:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
In 2016 FGR finished 2nd, we finished 4th, 9 points behind then, context?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 54
Norseman
June 2, 2022, 11:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from The Yard Dog
We a different team that played Solihull in the league, we had different options on and off the pitch. I think that we have better options from the bench, depending how the game is going.

The spirit, desire and togetherness the players have shown in these play-offs has been amazing. The club in these last days have shown  a massive effort from all involved, not just the players, but the trust, the office staff, everyone connected with the club.

Now we the fans will have our chance on Sunday to show the football world again, what it is like to support our club, we will be the twelfth man.

Who would have thought a few weeks ago, we would in this position a game away from returning to the football league.

Everybody have a safe journey, and thanks to some amazing people I am able to make to the final, see you there.

UTM

Not sure about the starting team only cropper for efete and fox for Burgess . Subs yes very different
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 54
aldi_01
June 3, 2022, 8:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Norseman

Not sure about the starting team only cropper for efete and fox for Burgess . Subs yes very different

I think the team is different though. When we played them we were trying to pull ourselves out of the slump. Still in a transitional phase, the last two games have proven that.

I know it’s force of habit to almost talk to opposition up when you’re in our situation but the way some have spoken, you’d assume Solihull were indeed Man City or something.

Both teams are capable of winning, equally, I’d argue both are capable of losing, hence why neither came close to winning the league.

I think it could be a good game, naturally I want us to win but sensible caution is necessary and only time will tell…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 54
Abdul19
June 3, 2022, 8:38am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,576
Gold Stars: 218
Tbf when we played them last time we'd taken 20 points from the previous 27.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 54
Zmariner
June 3, 2022, 11:12am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
My recollection of the home game was that in the first half we started slowly and they passed around us very well and we were lucky to be ahead at half time. Second half we were the better team but conceded poor goals at the end. I just watched the highlighgs again and it certinaly looked like we had enough chances and certainly did not deserve to lose at all. It made me feel more confident. They are very good but our high energy midfield should stop them playing. If we sit off them they are good in possession as we found at BP. I bet we don't do that on Sunday and I anticipate us being combative.
I then watched the highlights of the away game where it looked like they deserved to win but again we had enough chances. There was not much in it.
My conclusion, there is no favourite here. This is the toss of a coin. neither team will fear the other and both teams are rested.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 54
jamesgtfc
June 3, 2022, 11:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Zmariner
My recollection of the home game was that in the first half we started slowly and they passed around us very well and we were lucky to be ahead at half time. Second half we were the better team but conceded poor goals at the end. I just watched the highlighgs again and it certinaly looked like we had enough chances and certainly did not deserve to lose at all. It made me feel more confident. They are very good but our high energy midfield should stop them playing. If we sit off them they are good in possession as we found at BP. I bet we don't do that on Sunday and I anticipate us being combative.
I then watched the highlights of the away game where it looked like they deserved to win but again we had enough chances. There was not much in it.
My conclusion, there is no favourite here. This is the toss of a coin. neither team will fear the other and both teams are rested.
UTM

Through the season you're playing the game and trying to amass points. Players have niggles and the team has an element of caution to their game as they try to keep people fit and not lose. The play-offs are different and this is the final game of the season no matter what so the approach is totally different as we've seen against Notts County and Wrexham.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 54
GrimPol
June 3, 2022, 2:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -784
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from davmariner
flipping hell anyone would think we’re playing Brazil judging by this thread. Hope the players aren’t reading this!

All his thread needs is Mozart Requiem playing whilst we read it, and we'll all top ourselves.
Lighten up or we will have lost before starting the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 54
louth_in_the_south
June 3, 2022, 4:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,705
Gold Stars: 96
If you’re working on the law of averages I’d guess that it’s unlikely that a team will beat another 3 times in a season when they’re of similar quality.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 54
Davec
June 3, 2022, 5:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
If you’re working on the law of averages I’d guess that it’s unlikely that a team will beat another 3 times in a season when they’re of similar quality.

That is what I am clinging onto.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 54
Les Brechin
June 3, 2022, 6:49pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Cheltenham, 2006.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Solihull

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.