Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cropper Bombs....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 258 Guests

Cropper Bombs....

This thread currently has 5,492 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
June 1, 2022, 9:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from friskneymariner
Godger was immense in their defence, think he will try and rough up Macatee and Taylor to get a reaction out them.

Will his mashed potato loving mate be in attendance?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
diehardmariner
June 1, 2022, 10:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
I can't see any changes to either the starting eleven or even the squad, injuries aside.  

I expected Coke to stay on the bench for his experience at Wrexham but obviously Hurst opted for the fresher legs.  I thought Raikhy added the fresh legs we needed at the right time on Saturday, whereas Coke came on at exactly the right time for the right purpose at County.

In fact all 6 subs (Pearson, Raikhy, Coke, JMD, Abrahams and Mani) have had impacts from the bench, harsh on whoever you don't go with but Coke is the only who I could imagine is in Hurst's minds for a change on the bench.

The only other thing that might be in Hurst's mind is left-back.  Amos struggled in both the County and Wrexham games, something I'm sure Ardley will have picked up and look to target in on.  I like Amos and after his original settling in period has been excellent, but he's just looked leggy last few games.  Hopefully a slight blip and he's back on it for Sunday.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
bedders78
June 1, 2022, 10:21am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Poojah

Will his mashed potato loving mate be in attendance?

Supporting us -  he's black and white

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
lew chaterleys lover
June 1, 2022, 1:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from diehardmariner
I can't see any changes to either the starting eleven or even the squad, injuries aside.  

I expected Coke to stay on the bench for his experience at Wrexham but obviously Hurst opted for the fresher legs.  I thought Raikhy added the fresh legs we needed at the right time on Saturday, whereas Coke came on at exactly the right time for the right purpose at County.

In fact all 6 subs (Pearson, Raikhy, Coke, JMD, Abrahams and Mani) have had impacts from the bench, harsh on whoever you don't go with but Coke is the only who I could imagine is in Hurst's minds for a change on the bench.

The only other thing that might be in Hurst's mind is left-back.  Amos struggled in both the County and Wrexham games, something I'm sure Ardley will have picked up and look to target in on.  I like Amos and after his original settling in period has been excellent, but he's just looked leggy last few games.  Hopefully a slight blip and he's back on it for Sunday.

Amos? He has been great. He cleared a goalbound header off the line in the first half on Saturday and then produced a fantastic pinpoint cross for our second goal. I would be astounded if he made any changes to the defence, but if he does it will be for a very specific reason in something he has seen in Solihull's armoury.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
diehardmariner
June 1, 2022, 1:29pm
Vodka Drinker
All about opinions but I thought he was on toast for large parts of the County game especially.  I think he admitted as much himself after the game.

As said, he's been absolutely spot on for a good number of games prior so hopefully just a blip and he'll back to his best on Sunday.  
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
jamesgtfc
June 1, 2022, 2:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from diehardmariner
All about opinions but I thought he was on toast for large parts of the County game especially.  I think he admitted as much himself after the game.

As said, he's been absolutely spot on for a good number of games prior so hopefully just a blip and he'll back to his best on Sunday.  

Also worth noting that Amos has very few career games under his belt so is gaining vital experience with us this season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
diehardmariner
June 1, 2022, 2:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Absolutely.

And his only first team action this season, prior to joining us, was in EFL Trophy games.  Probably at reserve level standard really.  90 minutes in October, 90 minutes early November and then 16 minutes of the bench at the end of November.

Since joining us he's missed just 5 games.  Wrexham is the only time he's been substituted and that after a full 90 minutes.

He's bound to be a little leggy.  I think we can say the same for Cropper (arguably more so considering how long he was out for with injury) and Holohan.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 37
Maringer
June 1, 2022, 3:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,649
Gold Stars: 189
It certainly is noticeable that Amos has picked up a few bookings over the past month throwing himself into challenges near the halfway line when it looks as though the attacker might get away down the line. It could well be an indication of tiredness if he can't get there quite quickly enough, or doesn't fancy chasing back down the line.

I didn't realise he was so inexperienced. This being the case, he's done even better than I thought, all things considered.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
diehardmariner
June 1, 2022, 5:19pm
Vodka Drinker
His bookings have also come since Hurst commented that he needed to be a bit nastier, or something along those lines.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
June 2, 2022, 9:10am
Guest User
Quoted from aldi_01
I’d keep them same side and use the long throw occasionally. That was the issue with Parkinson’s style of play at Wrexham, they play for a throw in in the final third and teams know it coming whereas we did change it up…

Yes, BUT  

Cropper's long throw could/should make Sousa more effective.

Sousa can get us up the field, go outside his man, and beat him or (likely) win a throw within bombing range of the opponents' penalty area.

There was a post recently suggesting Sousa should run upfield and then pass to a team-mate (rather than attempt to shoot or cross).
This is even better.
And the more times their 'giant' (Hudlin?) has to come back to defend the long throw, the sooner he gets leg-weary.
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cropper Bombs....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.