This thread currently has 4,428 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
May 31, 2022, 10:57am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Total respect for them with this thread on their forum and at least a couple have donated and most have total respect for us.

Hope they can go one better next season and win the league.

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/120035-grimsby-fans-trust-fundraiser-final-tickets.html

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
LH
May 31, 2022, 11:04am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Quoted from Les Brechin
Total respect for them with this thread on their forum and at least a couple have donated and most have total respect for us.

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/120035-grimsby-fans-trust-fundraiser-final-tickets.html

(As long as we go up on Sunday)
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Les Brechin
May 31, 2022, 11:09am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Quoted from LH

(As long as we go up on Sunday)

True!  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 31, 2022, 11:55am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,763
Gold Stars: 81
Great gesture from them and hope they get a manager worthy of their supporters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
chaos33
May 31, 2022, 12:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,975
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Great gesture from them and hope they get a manager worthy of their supporters.

Agree!

Wrexham have shown absolute class and good grace and their fans are superb. There’s some great comments in their forum. Would’ve been great if we could have a huge mingle with them for a pint whilst we all scratch our heads and discuss the craziness and chaos that was that match!

Want them to go up asap.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
PoutonStepover
May 31, 2022, 1:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
There is also a post on their forum seriously suggesting they think they should be trying to sign Ben Foster, Aaron Ramsey and Gareth Bale next season.... nothing they say can be taken seriously after that!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
FishOutOfWater
May 31, 2022, 1:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from PoutonStepover
There is also a post on their forum seriously suggesting they think they should be trying to sign Ben Foster, Aaron Ramsey and Gareth Bale next season.... nothing they say can be taken seriously after that!

I misread that first of all as Ben Fox!!

I was just about to say hands off, he's ours before I read it again  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 18
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 31, 2022, 1:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,763
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I misread that first of all as Ben Fox!!

I was just about to say hands off, he's ours before I read it again  

Was told in the pub on Sunday, always a reliable source of information, that Lincoln are interested in Fox. Source is big mate with former City manager Chris Moyes, who is still a director, so probably some truth in it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
FishOutOfWater
May 31, 2022, 2:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37

Was told in the pub on Sunday, always a reliable source of information, that Lincoln are interested in Fox. Source is big mate with former City manager Chris Moyes, who is still a director, so probably some truth in it.

Such is a career in football.... can only hope that there's something in his contract that if we get promotion it triggers another year at least with Town and then who knows, we might not be too far off Lincoln as a viable league proposition for him if we continue on an upward trajectory  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 18
RonMariner
May 31, 2022, 3:31pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226

I think several of our players might well be attracting the attention of other clubs. It will be up to the new owners to provide funds to help make staying at BP attractive to them. Will be easier if we get promoted obviously.

Would help if a certain someone donated a certain £200,000 back to the club to help with the budget too. But I am not holding my breath.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
rancido
May 31, 2022, 4:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from RonMariner

I think several of our players might well be attracting the attention of other clubs. It will be up to the new owners to provide funds to help make staying at BP attractive to them. Will be easier if we get promoted obviously.

Would help if a certain someone donated a certain £200,000 back to the club to help with the budget too. But I am not holding my breath.

Like the value of the shares coerced from The Trust ?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
TheultimateMariner
May 31, 2022, 5:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +429
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from RonMariner

I was thinking that I can imagine there’ll be plenty of clubs after a few of our plays, that’s why I’m hoping we can get promoted on Sunday, which will make retaining some players a bit easier, otherwise I could see us having quite the rebuild job

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
Phil the cod
May 31, 2022, 6:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Les Brechin

Absolute class from them (Wrexham) tbf , you'll find this with the Welsh people in general, good sports and decent civilised people.
Hope despite the Hollywood bull.hit surrounding the club they can get back in the league. A great gesture, pity our former illustrious leader and his bent friends can't chip in the money they leeched from the club.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
forza ivano
May 31, 2022, 10:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Phil the cod

Absolute class from them (Wrexham) tbf , you'll find this with the Welsh people in general, good sports and decent civilised people.
Hope despite the Hollywood bull.hit surrounding the club they can get back in the league. A great gesture, pity our former illustrious leader and his bent friends can't chip in the money they leeched from the club.

yes, what a contrast between those wrexham fans (probably as poor as we are) who have contributed massively, with our millionaire former chairman (who professes to be a passionate town fan). His silence is deafening
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
forza ivano
May 31, 2022, 10:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
ps should also add - what a classy bunch WFC fans are.
hope that a) they get back up to the FL, where they rightly belong, next season and
b) that GTFC fans will remember their generosity should our Northwalian chums ever need a helping hand in the future
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
jamesgtfc
May 31, 2022, 11:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from forza ivano
ps should also add - what a classy bunch WFC fans are.
hope that a) they get back up to the FL, where they rightly belong, next season and
b) that GTFC fans will remember their generosity should our Northwalian chums ever need a helping hand in the future

Some newly registered member in another thread actually suggested that we should subsidise away tickets for them next time we meet as a token of our appreciation and I think that's a great idea.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
IrishMariner
June 1, 2022, 12:05am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 19
Any Wrexham I met after the game on Saturday was gracious in defeat, and more than generous with their time to make sure I made it to my train on time! Top bunch, hope they win the league next year (providing we win Sunday!!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 1, 2022, 1:50am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from RonMariner

No, but we can hope that HE holds his breath.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
aldi_01
June 1, 2022, 7:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from forza ivano

yes, what a contrast between those wrexham fans (probably as poor as we are) who have contributed massively, with our millionaire former chairman (who professes to be a passionate town fan). His silence is deafening

Never been a town fan…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.