4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
oochiad
May 30, 2022, 11:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,725
Gold Stars: 28
Sure I paid almost the same against FGR at Wembley??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
grimps
May 30, 2022, 11:10am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Vance Warner

He’s also responsible for costing taxpayers a fortune by having no clear plan for the Olympic Stadium after the Olympics. One of many reasons why we’re getting shafted next weekend

It was Labour that won and planned  the Olympics , it was also then that set up the legacy project .
They basically got the rest of the country to pay for more transport links and the regeneration of the East End
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
TownSNAFU5
May 30, 2022, 11:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
With nearly all northern teams known to be in the playoffs, somewhere central like Elland Road would have been cheaper, Fuller and had more atmosphere.  The stadium is old but ok for PL matches. Would have looked better on TV as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 30, 2022, 11:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,905
Gold Stars: 180
The games (play offs) are too close together as it is. Towns last 3 matches have all been away from home so it’s a massive kick in the teeth , and wallet, to the supporters. That’s why I find it bizarre that even when they knew it was a northern bias in the play offs, they STILL chose a stadium in the south. I can think of at least 15 grounds in the Midlands/lower northern areas that would’ve been able to host a final that was never going to draw over 30000/35000 realistically

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
TheRealJohnLewis
May 30, 2022, 11:35am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from grimps

It was Labour that won and planned  the Olympics , it was also then that set up the legacy project .
They basically got the rest of the country to pay for more transport links and the regeneration of the East End

It was our glorious leader Boris Johnson who virtually gave the stadium away for nothing to West Ham and the terms were so bad that the UK tax payer is still footing the bill for it.

https://www.westhamzone.com/ne.....-book-serialisation/
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
lukeo
May 30, 2022, 11:38am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
After having some time to think I believe my initial idea is daft.  However I seriously want alll fans and the trust to work together to spread the word to not spend a penny inside the stadium..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
grimps
May 30, 2022, 11:39am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

It was our glorious leader Boris Johnson who virtually gave the stadium away for nothing to West Ham and the terms were so bad that the UK tax payer is still footing the bill for it.

https://www.westhamzone.com/ne.....-book-serialisation/

Yeah but Labour built it with no plans in place what to do with it after , Leyton Orient was never going to be given that stadium
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 30, 2022, 11:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,905
Gold Stars: 180
Fcuk me another political debate

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
Limerick Mariner
May 30, 2022, 12:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,727
Gold Stars: 137
The issues for me are: -

How much is the stadium fee, who receives it and how much does it compare to costs for stadia in the midlands?
Why are adult ticket prices higher than all but the top 2 price categories for the League 2 Play-off final?
Why are the ticket prices higher than for a Cat C West Ham game - how can a National League game be equivalent to anything other than a Cat C game.
Why are concession offers inferior to the League 2 play-off and West Ham's concessions.

These are the questions I would be really pushing the National League on.

I wonder what the ticket prices would have been if it had been a Halifax v Solihull final?

The exploitation and treatment of football fans in this country is a disgrace. I won't boycott a GTFC game but perhaps it is time for some direct action - "twenty's plenty" flags on camera would be good...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
Bigdog
May 30, 2022, 1:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
So.. we've supported the team all season, they've achieved perhaps beyond our expectations in getting us to within 90 minutes of getting out of non-league again at the first attempt, performed heroics in the play offs and we've got threads and threads over £20. How many times in your life have you wasted £20 on nothing? Understand the whole day is a stretch for some people, but surely Sunday is the day to dig deep for the team, be there in person and boost the volume instead of talking people out of going and building a bigger boycott bandwagon than the one that should be travelling down the A1. Sunday could be a day you'll always remember and publicly moaning about £20, fair pricing or unfair, shouldn't come into it..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Protest

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.