GrimPol
May 24, 2022, 7:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -786
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from RonMariner

I think they are GPS trackers that are used to analyse data after the game for each player. Our players have them too. but they tend to be worn lower down the back. Its why they all wear the black harnesses.

They wear them at the back of their "Sports Bra" The hump gives players a Quasimodo look.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
RonMariner
May 24, 2022, 7:53am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,795
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from GrimPol

They wear them at the back of their "Sports Bra" The hump gives players a Quasimodo look.

Peter Beardsley was obviously ahead of his time..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
Jarmo.Is.God
May 24, 2022, 8:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Watched at home...
I'm a big Hurst fan, but he got everything spot on last night.
High press, which i feared we would run out of steam in the 2nd half, clearly not!!!
Even down to the subs, which Twitter was in meltdown, as of course, should of been earlier....

You should never fall in love with a loan player, but when Dieseruvwe said 'i've just flipping thrown myself at it', i did just that! What a guy
He's actually scored 6 goals in 424 minutes, which is a goal every 70minutes of football.... and a lot of them minutes have been less than 20 from the bench.... Tranmere slated him, but he's made a huge difference without standing out IMO.

I'm worried about being without Fox in the winter next season when he gets called up by Southgate... league 1 performance from him last night.
However, he only signed a 1 year deal, and he's only 23!!!! get that one sorted please

Sousa - If he had that end product, he would be 2/3 leagues above... So please don't moan when he's gone past 3 and been wasteful, because the next time he goes past 3, he gets us a foul.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
Poojah
May 24, 2022, 10:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Here’s a handy little how to guide: how to make someone stop banging a drum.

https://youtu.be/EemPvyTJX8E

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
Tommy
May 24, 2022, 12:36pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Obviously amazing drama with the late goals, but I thought it was a really good performance.

Started the game well and looked comfortable in the first half generally. County had some mobile players who they were looking to thread balls through to beyond our defence, which was the only sign of any danger, but they overhit every one of them. We had a clear plan out of possession, stopping county playing into (central) midfield with our wide players clearly stopping those balls and forcing them to go wide to the wing backs.

2nd half much of the same until the moment McAtee went down injured/cramped up. That had an instant effect - we dropped off the pace and County had much more of the game than they had previously and put us under a bit of pressure, without really working our GK. I have to be honest I was a bit worried when McAtee and Taylor came off as I just thought we'd be a bit toothless from then on. And it looked like panning out that way but the introduction of Maguire-Drew finally gave us some quality set-piece delivery and we got a much deserved equaliser.

Big Manny surprised me, thought he did well bringing the ball down on his chest and holding it up well at times.
Sousa seems to be a bit of a scapegoat, or an easy target for abuse when he misplaces a cross. But he had a decent game. He wasn't the only one failing to put good deliveries into the box last night (him, Clifton, Amos and Cropper) but he dribbled well, worked hard, drew fouls, and got us up the pitch travelling with the ball and was a good outlet.

Ben Fox, as others have said, was absolutely outstanding. That was without doubt the best individual performance from a central midfielder in years. Owned the middle of the park and was the best player on the pitch for me. Holohan was decent too, in a more quietly effective (until his goal) kind of way, but was just less noticeable due to the level Fox was playing at last night.

Extra time started surprisingly very open and end to end. We still had 3 at the back I think at this point, as we had finished the 90mins this way, before changing back to a back 4 with Clifton at right back.

Deserved the winner and great to get it with so little time left. Strange one as it seemed to trickle over the line and I was half expecting the whistle to go or a flag to go up for something. I didnt fancy us on penalties so delighted to get the job done in ET.

Great night to be Town.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.