Poojah
May 17, 2022, 8:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Croxton
Yes, they've apologised and made a stab at a solution, but they are too close to the problem to appreciate just how frustrating and full of holes the current system is.

As others have already said, online only, with or without ballots, is fairer to working folk and exiles. The current tactics encourage gaming the system and causing great stress to office staff. Forcing people to queue in the street is tin pot. Trying to retain this vestige of 'serving the local community' and giving a nod to improving access to those in digital poverty might read well in the Guardian but fails on all other metrics.

The office already know which STH's attend most games and their post codes, so let's have a system which rewards those who support the club through thick and thin.

I note that Notts County use a Ticketmaster solution for their sales. Not a company I admire by any means, but they certainly have experience in managing ticket sales for events of high interest.

I recently bought tickets for the Fury v Whyte fight at Wembley, which were sold by Ticketmaster. The tickets went on sale at 10am but as far as I can tell you were assigned a somewhat random place in the queue. I ended up in position 150,000 something on my laptop at then a minute later somewhere around the 30,000 mark on my phone.

It seemed a relatively fair system, effectively combining a first come, first served system with the randomness of a ballot. You still had to be on the ball, but you didn’t automatically miss out if you were running 5 minutes late.

Anyway, that’s something for the club to consider for the future. IF we make it through to Wrexham, there’s realistically too little time to make any sweeping changes to the existing ticketing system. I think the simplest thing to do at short notice is probably to make it online only, but that won’t please everyone.

One potential saving grace is that the 12:30 kick-off and six hour return journey, coupled with the game being on TV, might temper demand ever so slightly, but regardless 1,200 tickets are going to be snapped up pretty quickly.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 39
ska face
May 17, 2022, 8:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Wonder if Andrew Newman got one?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 39
lee65
May 17, 2022, 8:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Re allocations in general, living near Selby, I saw on our Look North tonight that Sheffield Utd only got 2000 tickets out of a 30,000 capacity at Notts Forest, so that’s not very generous either. Maybe the influence of Notts police again?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 39
Madeleymariner
May 17, 2022, 8:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Ticket master are great, failed to send me my Wembley tickets (booked nearly 2 weeks before) when we won the playoffs which resulted in going all the way down there on the day not knowing if they would issue them in person or say sorry someone else has had them?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 39
GollyGTFC
May 17, 2022, 9:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from lee65
Re allocations in general, living near Selby, I saw on our Look North tonight that Sheffield Utd only got 2000 tickets out of a 30,000 capacity at Notts Forest, so that’s not very generous either. Maybe the influence of Notts police again?

Forest have been selling out every game this season. If they increased the away allocation that would just mean Forest fans who attend games regularly missing out.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 39
Chrisblor
May 17, 2022, 9:04pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,933
Gold Stars: 238
The club should sell ALL tickets for important matches like this online and begin utilising the loyalty point system they already have set up in the background (login to the ticket website -> click view my details -> click the tab named 'loyalty' - I've apparently already got 500 points) to release tickets in stages to supporters based on accumulated points. That way the most dedicated supporters who have season tickets and go to the most away games will accumulate the most points and have the best chance of getting tickets for the most in demand fixtures. This nonsense with in person Vs online sales needs to stop as it's completely unfair on anyone who lives outside the town or can't get out of work to visit the ticket office on a Tuesday morning.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 39
GollyGTFC
May 17, 2022, 9:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

I note that Notts County use a Ticketmaster solution for their sales. Not a company I admire by any means, but they certainly have experience in managing ticket sales for events of high interest.

I recently bought tickets for the Fury v Whyte fight at Wembley, which were sold by Ticketmaster. The tickets went on sale at 10am but as far as I can tell you were assigned a somewhat random place in the queue. I ended up in position 150,000 something on my laptop at then a minute later somewhere around the 30,000 mark on my phone.

It seemed a relatively fair system, effectively combining a first come, first served system with the randomness of a ballot. You still had to be on the ball, but you didn’t automatically miss out if you were running 5 minutes late.

Anyway, that’s something for the club to consider for the future. IF we make it through to Wrexham, there’s realistically too little time to make any sweeping changes to the existing ticketing system. I think the simplest thing to do at short notice is probably to make it online only, but that won’t please everyone.

One potential saving grace is that the 12:30 kick-off and six hour return journey, coupled with the game being on TV, might temper demand ever so slightly, but regardless 1,200 tickets are going to be snapped up pretty quickly.

You have my sympathy. The undercard was an absolute disgrace & the main event was a bore-fest with Fury taking zero risks.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 39
GollyGTFC
May 17, 2022, 9:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Just a polite reminder to the Fentyites on here that the ticketing system was actually in place for the start of the 2020/21 season but was never used because of COVID.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 39
jamesgtfc
May 17, 2022, 9:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Poojah

I've participated in a few cryptocurrency presales that operated on this basis and it's very fair. You login early and anyone who meets a specific eligibility criteria gets a random place in the queue at the go live time.

In our instance it would allow mates/families to link their accounts together and then join the queue separately giving themselves 4 chances of getting through the queue. It has its flaws, I've had it going on Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Brave and then my phone before to essentially give myself 5 chances of getting a low enough place in the queue.

It's certainly a fair system and probably not one the club could implement in time for a possible game in Wrexham next weekend.

York sold their away allocation of 650 I think it was against Brackley in 2 minutes last week. If we can't sell 1200 tickets online for Wrexham next week (if we get there) without the website crashing then our ticket system isn't fit for purpose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 39
lee65
May 17, 2022, 9:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Forest have been selling out every game this season. If they increased the away allocation that would just mean Forest fans who attend games regularly missing out.

Fair point Golly, but assumed some minimum % in place for the away Team in the playoffs, but maybe not  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County Ticket Issue Explained

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.