Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rose gone.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 261 Guests

Rose gone.

This thread currently has 2,563 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
May 12, 2022, 3:35pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
No great surprise there.

No doubt it'll be after the play-offs when out of contract players here will learn if they've still got a future here.

https://gtfc.co.uk/rose-to-depart-mariners/

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
sonofmadeleymariner
May 12, 2022, 3:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Agree, I think the bigger surprise for most fans is he's still under contract, many thought he'd be part of the first releases at the end of last season

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
Kris2
May 12, 2022, 3:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Maybe after Jarmo made his list it reminded them he's still under contract with us and they gave him notice. Easy to forget about him after he was farmed out on loan to stop him hanging around the club like a bad smell hoping for a big pay off.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
Jarmo.Is.God
May 12, 2022, 4:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Kris2
Maybe after Jarmo made his list it reminded them he's still under contract with us and they gave him notice. Easy to forget about him after he was farmed out on loan to stop him hanging around the club like a bad smell hoping for a big pay off.

About time i did something useful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
jamesgtfc
May 12, 2022, 5:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Already rocked up at Darlo as a Player/Coach for next season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
arryarryarry
May 12, 2022, 5:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
Agree, I think the bigger surprise for most fans is he's still under contract, many thought he'd be part of the first releases at the end of last season

I thought most knew that that clown Holloway gave him a two year contract.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
out of town
May 12, 2022, 5:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +717
Gold Stars: 10
Good riddance to the tinfoil hat-wearing, useless tinpot pr!ck
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
jamesgtfc
May 12, 2022, 6:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from arryarryarry

I thought most knew that that clown Holloway gave him a two year contract.

He saw fit to give Montel 'Baby Shower' Gibson a 3 year deal too!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
Kris2
May 12, 2022, 7:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Already rocked up at Darlo as a Player/Coach for next season!

I bet they can't wait for his sessions on how to avoid getting vaccinated because they are secretly planting 5G inside you.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
RonMariner
May 12, 2022, 7:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Kris2

I bet they can't wait for his sessions on how to avoid getting vaccinated because they are secretly planting 5G inside you.

Indeed. And if he is so concerned about being tracked I assume he does not use a mobile phone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
moosey_club
May 12, 2022, 7:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
One man single handedly changing the meaning of  "Rose tinted glasses"  ......  

More like Rose tainted glasses now.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
Gainsbro_Mariner
May 13, 2022, 7:54am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 14
Classy tweet from Rose upon his departure

"Gutted its not worked out at GTFC, but happens sometimes in football. Would've loved to have played in front off the fans that have packed Blundell Park this season. 20/21 was a strange season and we all missed not having the fans. Routing for you in the playoffs"

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
AndyDarloFC
May 13, 2022, 8:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Absolutely delighted we've managed to get him permanently.

He's a class above our level and just oozes class, really nice bloke personally too - Still speaks highly of Town despite never playing in front of the crowd.

I believe he still lives in the area, so he's got a decent little commute 3/4 times a week for training/games for us.

Now if you could go get promoted and send Sousa back, I'd be even more delighted.

Will be looking on with interest for the play-off games and will be at the Final should you get there. UTM.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 19
Gainsbro_Mariner
May 13, 2022, 8:14am

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

He's a class above our level and just oozes class, really nice bloke personally too - Still speaks highly of Town despite never playing in front of the crowd.

I believe he still lives in the area, so he's got a decent little commute 3/4 times a week for training/games for us.

Now if you could go get promoted and send Sousa back, I'd be even more delighted.

Will be looking on with interest for the play-off games and will be at the Final should you get there. UTM.

He was a victim of circumstances here in my opinion, given a two year deal by Holloway who was giving out contracts like candy.

He showed glimpses but you could see that he just wasn't up to it at League Two level anymore, we've had so many like this in recent years, John Welsh was another who came in a few years ago with a decent record and got the captain's arm band but just wasn't up to the demands of professional football anymore and lasted half a season.

I think with Rose it's been a natural regression into Non-League, I'm sure he can still command a decent game at steps 6/7 on the ladder, but there was nothing he did here which makes me feel like we've lost a player here.

Sousa is a talent but frustrating, has a great motor but struggles with end product. I am unsure whether Hurst will renew his contract in all honesty as he hasn't featured as much recently, certainly not as much as he did during the first half of the season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
thefish
May 13, 2022, 8:18am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

I think the two parts that I've highlighted show the huge gulf in class between our level and the leagues below!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
male private Nale
May 13, 2022, 8:26am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -924
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Sousa will be back soon enough, totally out his depth at this level. For all his surging runs, the zero end product and lack of understanding of what is required when not in possession has been well and truly exposed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
Jarmo.Is.God
May 13, 2022, 8:29am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

He is a nice bloke, i bumped into him once, and he stopped and had the time, which he didn't need to do.

But he didn't play great, and said some strange things about Covid, which didn't help him.

either way, hope he goes on to have a good career in coaching, he's human at the end of the day, and doesn't need harsh comments on twitter - Especially when we all preach about mental health
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
mariner91
May 13, 2022, 9:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,725
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner

He was a victim of circumstances here in my opinion, given a two year deal by Holloway who was giving out contracts like candy.

He showed glimpses but you could see that he just wasn't up to it at League Two level anymore, we've had so many like this in recent years, John Welsh was another who came in a few years ago with a decent record and got the captain's arm band but just wasn't up to the demands of professional football anymore and lasted half a season.

I think with Rose it's been a natural regression into Non-League, I'm sure he can still command a decent game at steps 6/7 on the ladder, but there was nothing he did here which makes me feel like we've lost a player here.

Sousa is a talent but frustrating, has a great motor but struggles with end product. I am unsure whether Hurst will renew his contract in all honesty as he hasn't featured as much recently, certainly not as much as he did during the first half of the season.

Booting a woman for no reason and shouting "Do you know who I am?!" at her probably didn't help his cause either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
carrot top
May 13, 2022, 10:17am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
On Twitter Max Wright says ‘To the greatest plant based anti-vaxer I know. What a lovely bloke and a legend on and off the field. All the best Rosey’

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
Gainsbro_Mariner
May 13, 2022, 11:45am

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Booting a woman for no reason and shouting "Do you know who I am?!" at her probably didn't help his cause either.

If I remember correctly didn't Town know nothing about it and he had left the club already by the time it was released in the press?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rose gone.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.