This thread currently has 2,942 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
LH
May 12, 2022, 11:16am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,567
Gold Stars: 174
I’ll say it now before the next ten pages of complaining about it: Anyone who moans that they’ve booked trains, hotels and even time off has no real argument because whilst unlikely to change we could still finish 5th or 7th so nothing was concrete anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
Tangerine Chris
May 12, 2022, 11:27am
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Quoted from wuffing
They better not change it.... I've just begged the dates off...

https://gtfc.co.uk/new-dates-f.....CVSWmL_Qkd1TmQkZ-rL8

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
MarinerWY
May 12, 2022, 11:28am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from MarinerWY

I can't see it getting changed personally. Not sure a non-league play off quarter final will worry BT too much in terms of clashing with a UEFA Conference League Final. Not sure how many they'd expect to tune into our match, and even if so, not sure it would make much of a dent on numbers tuning into the UEFA match.

They've decided and published dates, they make sense in terms of space between them and the weekend's semi finals (if ours was moved, it gives the winner a day extra recovery over the Eliminator B winner, for example). Would eat my hat if they changed the days around now.

More worth not booking train tickets/time off as there is stil a chance we finish 7th, albeit probably a 10% one.

Well I clearly know intercourse all...!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
pizzzza
May 12, 2022, 11:30am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
They have obviously waited until it was confirmed that Wrexham (who will play on the Sunday in the Trophy final) could no longer drop into 4th or below before bringing the eliminators forward to the Monday and Tuesday.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
gtfc_chris
May 12, 2022, 11:32am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,507
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from MarinerWY

Well I clearly know intercourse all...!

I think the question most people will want to ask is when and where can we watch you eat your hat?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
GollyGTFC
May 12, 2022, 11:34am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,049
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Hagrid

Although i cant see too many being bothered about Roma V Feyenoord

You say that, but BT Sport have 3 live games to show that midweek & 2 of them clash. That doesn’t make sense.

And I can 100% guarantee BT Sport will get higher viewing figures for Roma v Feyenoord than they will for any National League game they broadcast.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 27
pizzzza
May 12, 2022, 1:45pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from GollyGTFC

You say that, but BT Sport have 3 live games to show that midweek & 2 of them clash. That doesn’t make sense.

And I can 100% guarantee BT Sport will get higher viewing figures for Roma v Feyenoord than they will for any National League game they broadcast.

Indeed, I don't see why this would be an issue, on Thursday's this year they have often shown 4 games at once across the Europa League and the Euro Conference
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
GollyGTFC
May 12, 2022, 3:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,049
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from pizzzza

Indeed, I don't see why this would be an issue, on Thursday's this year they have often shown 4 games at once across the Europa League and the Euro Conference

Yet BT Sport have dictated that the Play-off Quarter-Finals are on the Monday & Tuesday to avoid a clash with the UEFA Conference League Final.

It’s almost like all UEFA’s broadcast partners have to agree not to show any other live football matches simultaneous to any UEFA club match as part of their deals…
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play Off Dates

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.