1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
forza ivano
May 10, 2022, 7:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
I doubt very much a 5000 gate (or any gate for that matter) would average £20, when you take into account the number of junior/oap tickets sold each game!

Les made this interesting point in the Scunny thread, but thought it deserved it's own thread
Firstly I'd argue that if you include the money spent on programmes, food, drink, merchandise etc then the average take per person might be near £20

but my main thought was it'd be interesting to know what the figures are, and if 1878 thought that could be improved upon . (It'd also b einteresting to know how this seasons 'take per person' compares with the last 4 or 5 seasons

Going on from that , what are the main commercial opportunities that 1878 think could be exploited, or are under exploited, going forward.
I know, I know, i had the ideal opportunity to ask these questions, but i completely forgot about it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Heisenberg
May 10, 2022, 7:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from forza ivano
I doubt very much a 5000 gate (or any gate for that matter) would average £20, when you take into account the number of junior/oap tickets sold each game!

Les made this interesting point in the Scunny thread, but thought it deserved it's own thread
Firstly I'd argue that if you include the money spent on programmes, food, drink, merchandise etc then the average take per person might be near £20

but my main thought was it'd be interesting to know what the figures are, and if 1878 thought that could be improved upon . (It'd also b einteresting to know how this seasons 'take per person' compares with the last 4 or 5 seasons

Going on from that , what are the main commercial opportunities that 1878 think could be exploited, or are under exploited, going forward.
I know, I know, i had the ideal opportunity to ask these questions, but i completely forgot about it

Are you suggesting the owners should be “exploiting” the fans? Tut tut…..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
forza ivano
May 10, 2022, 9:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Heisenberg

Are you suggesting the owners should be “exploiting” the fans? Tut tut…..

that's harsh! a salesman might say that 1878 'would be presenting further opportunities for fans to support the club'!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
Rodley Mariner
May 10, 2022, 9:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
Always room for improvement. Was in the Pontoon on Saturday and my kids were badgering me for some merch/tat. I eventually relented and said we'd go have a look in the mini club shop only to be told we couldn't as that would be merging stands. Unless they are primarily selling werthers originals and blankets then it seems bizarre to locate it where only the Main Stand can access it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › commercial revenue / opportunities

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.