6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
May 3, 2022, 1:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Big game for them tonight. Does anyone think they know what their promotion would be worth to us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
May 3, 2022, 1:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Big game for them tonight. Does anyone think they know what their promotion would be worth to us?

*fenty…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 56
The Yard Dog
May 3, 2022, 1:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Gold Stars: 74
I hope Forest turn them over, this mentally about little Bournemouth punching above its weight, bank rolled by Russian money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 56
aldi_01
May 3, 2022, 1:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I hope Forest beat them because I think the job done at Forest is nothing short of a miracle.

As for Bournemouth, I have a serious issue with them that comes from absolutely nowhere.

It does bore me that there’s this narrative that they’re a little club running on a shoe string…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 56
diehardmariner
May 3, 2022, 1:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
25% of any profit Peterborough make.

Peterborough have confirmed there's a promotion clause in there too.  All depends on what the clause is, but whatever we get will go that little bit more to paying off Fenty.  

I expected Bournemouth to run riot after their January transfers but it hasn't quite worked out as expected.  Forest, on the other hand, just seem to have the bit between their teeth.  

Certainly setting up for an exciting finale anyway. The Championship rarely fails to deliver on the drama.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 56
marinerjase
May 3, 2022, 1:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,665
Gold Stars: 147
All the momentum with Forest..if they can get a result tonight then they’ve an easy last game against Hull.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 56
jamesgtfc
May 3, 2022, 1:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
I would like to see Forest back in the Premier League but I think a Bournemouth promotion will have Fenty paid up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 56
Son of Cod
May 3, 2022, 1:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from The Yard Dog
I hope Forest turn them over, this mentally about little Bournemouth punching above its weight,

Quoted from aldi_01

It does bore me that there’s this narrative that they’re a little club running on a shoe string…

Yep, I'm with you both on this. They're in there with the likes of Rotherham, Wigan, Bury, etc. Clubs that are an absolute circus and in the shit financially one season, then they avoid admin and suck up a points deduction for the next season season and then have the top budget in their division the season after that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 56
grimsbybrown
May 3, 2022, 2:04pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 2
In every other situation (assuming I’d bring myself to care enough) I’d probably want Forest to win.

In this situation, given we directly benefit if Bournemouth win there is no decision to make - it’s a no brainer - Bournemouth to win all the way.

Of course, once we’ve pocketed the sell-on cash, I’d shed no tears if Bournemouth came straight back down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 56
Poojah
May 3, 2022, 2:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from grimsbybrown
In every other situation (assuming I’d bring myself to care enough) I’d probably want Forest to win.

In this situation, given we directly benefit if Bournemouth win there is no decision to make - it’s a no brainer - Bournemouth to win all the way.

Of course, once we’ve pocketed the sell-on cash, I’d shed no tears if Bournemouth came straight back down.

It’s hard to look beyond this perspective for me. On the balance of probability, we are more likely than not to still be in this division next season and once again up against a series of gilded clubs prepared to speculate to chase the dream of League football.

No doubt I prefer Forest to Bournemouth as a club, but if a Bournemouth win equates to an additional £50k to £200k in our coffers next season, then that’s selfishly the outcome I favour.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 56
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bournemouth

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.