2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
May 2, 2022, 3:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Just listened to DN35 podcast and they discussed season tickets prices for next season and one of the  dudes came up with an idea of rather than a finance package to assist people to buy but a monthly subscription I think this may be a good idea to help with the cost of living crisis that will effect some.
Logged Online
Private Message
quebec38
May 2, 2022, 4:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
I wish it was feasible but it’s just not is it?

Say you are subscribed at the start of the season. October 31 comes around and you have more important things to pay for in November so choose not to renew. There is a game on November 1 so at midnight of the 1st your seat becomes available as it’s not been renewed then the club have 15 hours to sell a single seat when they may have declared sold out days before?

The same could be said at the end of a month. Game on December 1. Tickets go on sale say two weeks in advance and someone snaps the ticket up because the season ticket holder still hasn’t renewed. Well now they’re not gonna renew because the first game of their month has gone.

It’s a great idea and could open up so many opportunities but I think it would be so hard to implement. Same goes for the moving seats idea too.

Saying that, someone far more intelligent than myself maybe have ideas that could get it to work. Like I said, I would love to see it but I guess there is a reason it’s never been done before.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
crusty ole pie
May 2, 2022, 4:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Pay a month in advance ? Of course there is issues but just worth a discussion
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
ska face
May 2, 2022, 4:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,754
Gold Stars: 851
Impossible to budget for a season if you have no guaranteed income from one month to the next. How many would’ve renewed in December and January in the middle of that awful run we had?

Best thing the club could do is target people who’ve done 10-15 games this year and see what it’d take to push them into committing to a ST. Or tweak the flexi-ticket scheme to make it more attractive.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
crusty ole pie
May 2, 2022, 4:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Suppose the biggest problem would be some months we may have 3 home games and others only 1 which would encourage people to cancel for that month
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
crusty ole pie
May 2, 2022, 4:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Suppose the biggest problem would be some months we may have 3 home games and others only 1 which would encourage people to cancel for that month
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
HertsGTFC
May 2, 2022, 8:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
As some have said the relatively stable income that season ticket sales provide shouldn’t be compromised. For a lot of games next season we should keep using the Osmond for game by game offers and comps for those that would never get the opportunity to see a game.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
dapperz fun pub
May 2, 2022, 9:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,020
Gold Stars: 84
Did hull try something similar ? Or am I mikes off , just remember listening to radio hull and they kept on about monthly charges blah blah blah
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
jamesgtfc
May 2, 2022, 9:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
With rising bills, the last thing the club should be doing in my opinion is encouraging people who can't afford the full cost of a season ticket up front to take it on subscription; which is effectively a debt.

By all means, get them on sale earlier and allow people to pay in installments providing it's all paid before the first game of the season but not through the season as the administration of it is too difficult. People will chance it, get into arguments on the turnstile and then have to do the walk of shame. If the season went to pot or people got a new job, they would cancel their subscription and season ticket income becomes uncertain which is exactly what it shouldn't be.

I think what Ska said is the way forward at the moment; find out what will make those attending 10-15 games pay for 23.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
supertown
May 2, 2022, 10:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
So you set up a standing order and the team start playing shite, just cancel it . Won’t work
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
fishboyUTM
May 3, 2022, 11:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
This sort of thing has been available for years even under the worst owner we've ever had. A third party company has offered credit facilities. Not sure if it's available this time around but Andrew and Jason are way ahead of that charlatan so I'b be surprised if not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Subscription

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.