May 11, 2022, 3:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Davec

The away travel club player of the year

At least they didn't throw him under the bus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 65
RonMariner
May 12, 2022, 6:57pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from joe56
I see that McAtee swept the board. Well deserved.

Priority 1 for the summer is to make sure he stays with us. I am sure there will be offers coming in for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 65
joe56
May 16, 2022, 11:18pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
I’m wondering if the Player of the Year awards are quietly being consigned to the dustbin of history. The low key presentation on the pitch after a match seemed a bit odd, as is the fact that the results, after nearly a week, still haven’t been published on the club website. I can’t say I’m particularly bothered myself, but it would be interesting to know the reasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 65
aldi_01
May 17, 2022, 6:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I noticed a few clubs did them on the pitch, have they run their course? Is anyone arsed, in truth, I can’t say I’ve missed them….

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 65
jamesgtfc
May 17, 2022, 7:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from aldi_01
I noticed a few clubs did them on the pitch, have they run their course? Is anyone arsed, in truth, I can’t say I’ve missed them….

A lot of non-league clubs traditionally do them on the pitch or in the stand after their last home game of the season.

I got told the reason we aren't having a proper awards night is because the season isn't over and they are worried about hosting a packed awards night and players contracting Covid. Also, if we go all the way, it's late and the players will have a shortened break anyway.

Still, a little write up from the club or Telegraph wouldn't have gone amiss.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 65
joe56
May 17, 2022, 2:57pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from jamesgtfc

A lot of non-league clubs traditionally do them on the pitch or in the stand after their last home game of the season.

I got told the reason we aren't having a proper awards night is because the season isn't over and they are worried about hosting a packed awards night and players contracting Covid. Also, if we go all the way, it's late and the players will have a shortened break anyway.

Still, a little write up from the club or Telegraph wouldn't have gone amiss.

That all makes sense. Thanks James.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Player Of The Year Voting

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.