2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
May 1, 2022, 11:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,977
Gold Stars: 64
My heart says I want Stockport to go up because I have little time for the celebrity thing at Wrexham.  However, my head says Wrexham as I want them out of this division and Stockport may be easier to beat if we get that far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
male private Nale
May 2, 2022, 2:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -924
Gold Stars: 136
I would want Stockport to fail at the last hurdle as with no momentum and being coasting clear for so long I think they would struggle in play offs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
grimsbybrown
May 2, 2022, 4:01pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 2
Bear in mind Stockport have had a couple of key suspensions, notably Sarcevic.

We couldn't get near them when they had 11 on the pitch - and playing them when they are back to full strength could be every bit as hard.

I've not seen Wrexham to say whether they've gelled or improved since we played them (can't bring myself to watch any of the highlights), but we could have won both games this season.

So, on balance, Stockport to go up......  just.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
toontown
May 2, 2022, 4:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Yeah Stockports suspensions are what's  even effecting their performances, with those players back they're definitely the best team in this league. Hope they go up and do us a favour by beating Chesterfield today, as I would not want to play off against them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
barralad
May 2, 2022, 4:49pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from grimsbybrown
Bear in mind Stockport have had a couple of key suspensions, notably Sarcevic.

We couldn't get near them when they had 11 on the pitch - and playing them when they are back to full strength could be every bit as hard.
I've not seen Wrexham to say whether they've gelled or improved since we played them (can't bring myself to watch any of the highlights), but we could have won both games this season.

So, on balance, Stockport to go up......  just.

I agree with this especially the bit about Stockport with 11 on the field. I'd just fancy us a bit more at Wrexham who haven't looked that great at home since they beat us in January.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
ska face
May 2, 2022, 5:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
I’d be interested to see how Wrexham fare in the playoffs. They’ve been great for the past few months but Stockport had effectively been walking it so Wrexham haven’t been under any real pressure. It’s easy to do the chasing. They had a poor start when all eyes were on them and they’ve had a few chances to capitalise on Stockport dropping points recently and bottled it.

Just wonder how they’d cope with the pressure in a big final, or semi, as they’d be going in as massive favourites irrespective of who they play.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
RonMariner
May 2, 2022, 5:45pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Given today’s results Stockport need 4 points to guarantee top spot. A draw at Wrexham would mean they would need just one additional point. If they beat Wrexham that’s it.

So I think it’s odds on that they will go up and Wrexham will be in the playoffs,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
ginnywings
May 2, 2022, 7:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Solihull and Stockport are the only two teams I have seen that have been clearly better than us. Stockport to get promoted for me and someone else to knock out Solihull hopefully, though I think we can beat anyone on the day.

It's just whether we turn up for 2 or 3 games, however many it takes to win the play offs, and getting the rub of the green when needed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
Teestogreen
May 2, 2022, 7:35pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -160
Gold Stars: 23
Given that Town were strolling this league before Christmas - and then managed to have a horrendous run -  followed by the current very good form?
Hopefully the manager can grasp playing 2 up front and get us back in the Football League.
UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Automatic promotion spot

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.