3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
April 25, 2022, 12:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
It worries me when "government " get involved in football. They play to the media and what the public perception rather than looking at facts. They look at what will give them votes rather than what is actually necessary
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
diehardmariner
April 25, 2022, 1:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
I think the point that Nadine Dorries backed the movement it pretty much loses any credibility.

Nice idea but unless it has genuine powers of enforcement, it'll be nothing more than a gesture of a role.  The clubs themselves have to sign up to self-regulation, which is unlikely to happen.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
barrattstandman
April 25, 2022, 2:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +482
Gold Stars: 17
For the life of me I cannot understand some on here thinking it's not a good idea and being blaze about it with stupid comments . Not long ago this forum was slating Chesterfield paying £250000 for Tshimanga after claiming furlough payments and then wanting fans to pay for pitch covers . Surely this would stop this happening . Bury and Macclesfield would probably be still in the league .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
mimma
April 25, 2022, 3:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
I think that something needs to be done. We already have so called "checks" in place that are not fit for purpose. The problem I have here is that the government are stepping in. It's just that everything they do they mess it up big time. They can't legislate for things they suppose to know about, so what chance do we have of them actually sorting out football's problems? They tend to look for soundbites to make them look like they know what they are doing, instead of understanding a problem and then solving it.

Just let us pray that they don't give the job to Grayling, Gove, etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
NorthseaMariner
April 25, 2022, 3:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
I haven’t researched it, but what are the duties of an Independent Regulator of Football? Because on the face of it, to me, it sounds like a highly paid non job.
Can someone enlighten me please?

Just watched the Sky program “Super Greed”. Now I understand. Sorry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
RonMariner
April 25, 2022, 5:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,799
Gold Stars: 226
Caught some of the ministers speach just now.

One interesting point is that the Premier League is going to be forced to distribute more income down the football pyramid.  

There is talk of mandating more supporter involvement, particularly on matters such as stadiums, team colours, badges etc.  Suitability of persons able to own clubs is also mentioned.

Of course it may all be hot air and come to nothing, but it will be interesting to see what comes of it.      
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
moosey_club
April 25, 2022, 8:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Whoever it is , pound to a penny they will be outed in a few years time for taking favours from certain quarters.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
ex-merseymariner
April 25, 2022, 8:26pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think the point that Nadine Dorries backed the movement it pretty much loses any credibility.

Nice idea but unless it has genuine powers of enforcement, it'll be nothing more than a gesture of a role.  The clubs themselves have to sign up to self-regulation, which is unlikely to happen.

I dont understand the cynicism, I mean we have 2 local mps who follow the club. One even goes to town games, while the other absolutely loves photo opportunities with the PM......

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
diehardmariner
April 25, 2022, 8:37pm
Vodka Drinker
The play off final will be about the right time for Nici's monthly press offensive/attaching herself to anything remotely successful that she's had nothing to do with.

Also nicely timed for Vickers' bi-annual venture outside too.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
diehardmariner
April 25, 2022, 8:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barrattstandman
For the life of me I cannot understand some on here thinking it's not a good idea and being blaze about it with stupid comments . Not long ago this forum was slating Chesterfield paying £250000 for Tshimanga after claiming furlough payments and then wanting fans to pay for pitch covers . Surely this would stop this happening . Bury and Macclesfield would probably be still in the league .

I've not seen anything concrete enough to suggest it'll stop any of those things happening. At the minute it's little more than hot air and a wish list.

I absolutely want reform and wholesale change in the governance of our game. You'll just have to forgive me if I've little confidence in the current noises around this.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Independent Regulator

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.