3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
mimma
April 25, 2022, 12:20am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Here you go, match highlights from Saturdays game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ld6eKz5MA
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
April 25, 2022, 12:42am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Not totally convinced it was a penalty Mr Moore?

About as clear cut as they come for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
lukeo
April 25, 2022, 7:12am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
I wasn't at the game and only have the highlights to go by but if i was a Torquay fan from that 1 viewing I'd be very upset. First half it looked like a penalty to them, ref obviously was close enough to see better than I could on the camera though. Also our penalty, dare I say if I was ref I'd have given them a free kick! If you look closely he's tripped by the other town player which makes him lose his balance to then give away the penalty.
Not complaining at all though! 3 points and 1 step closer to Wembley, West ham, Old Trafford, Ashton Gate, molineaux, millennium stadium.. 👀
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
Hagrid
April 25, 2022, 7:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,490
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from lukeo
I wasn't at the game and only have the highlights to go by but if i was a Torquay fan from that 1 viewing I'd be very upset. First half it looked like a penalty to them, ref obviously was close enough to see better than I could on the camera though. Also our penalty, dare I say if I was ref I'd have given them a free kick! If you look closely he's tripped by the other town player which makes him lose his balance to then give away the penalty.
Not complaining at all though! 3 points and 1 step closer to Wembley, West ham, Old Trafford, Ashton Gate, molineaux, millennium stadium.. 👀

Its a clear pen on amos
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
jamesgtfc
April 25, 2022, 8:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Hagrid

Its a clear pen on amos

It's one of them weird ones, it is a penalty because he gets tripped but he didn't have the ball under control so thankfully it was all a bit desperate in there and the defender caught Amos.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
quebec38
April 25, 2022, 8:18am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Yeah was a clear pen at the end. Video makes it less clear but on the day from the view I had it was an easy decision for the ref.

I was surprised Little was done for diving for their penalty shout in the first half but I couldn’t see it that well and the highlights don’t clear it up. Seems obvious it was the right call though from the reaction of their players.

Been said already but the ref was decent on Saturday again. I’m not one of these that buys in to bias conspiracy theories but I just hope to see the ref make the right calls on the day regardless of which way they go. Stockport ref was good as well so that’s two home games in a row. Unbelievable.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
Madeleymariner
April 25, 2022, 8:46am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
On the day from the upper I thought you idiot Waterfall as looked a clear pen for Torquay but highlights to me show he threw himself in the air before he got to Waterfalls slide had he just stayed on his feet for another second Waterfall would have made contact with the ball already out of play then who knows what the decision would be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 25, 2022, 8:48am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Tell tale sign for me is that neither of the Torquay players involved in the respective penalty incidents made any complaints to the referee nor did any of their teammates. Think Lukeo has spent too much time in Devon and it’s affecting his judgement!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
davmariner
April 25, 2022, 8:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from lukeo

You mad? Waterfall doesn’t even make contact with him.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
Croxton
April 25, 2022, 8:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Madeleymariner
On the day from the upper I thought you idiot Waterfall as looked a clear pen for Torquay but highlights to me show he threw himself in the air before he got to aterfalls slide had he just stayed on his feet for another second Waterfall would have made contact with the ball already out of play then who knows what the decision would be.

Ditto.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
lew chaterleys lover
April 25, 2022, 9:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Even more dominant than I thought at the time. Could have been well ahead even in the first half which was a bit more even.

We should be careful of those sliding challenges in the box as another ref might have given them a penalty but overall another good display.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
Poojah
April 25, 2022, 9:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
On their first half penalty shout, at the time I took a sharp intake of breath as it looked about as nailed on a penalty as you’ll see from my vantage point, just the wrong side of the halfway line in the lower Findus. But if you watch it back slowly you’ll see that a) Waterfall gets a nick of the ball and b) their player throws himself to the ground without getting anywhere close to Waterfall (see freeze frame below).

Great decision from the ref; that’s a couple of times in recent weeks now where officials have had difficult calls to make but have got their decisions bang on the money, and in Town’s favour. I do think, in general, the standard of refereeing is better than the last time we were down here.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/vQvJDxG/A741-F3-C4-D92-A-43-AC-BA65-30678125-BF10.png[/img]

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
RichMariner
April 25, 2022, 10:32am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,160
Gold Stars: 211
Just watched the highlights - forgot about their penalty shout so I wasn't expecting it until the incident happened, and my instinct was that the ref got it spot on.

The Torquay player was anticipating the challenge and, to me, began falling a fraction early. Just didn't quite look natural on first viewing at full speed. His legs crumple a split second before Waterfall gets there. Thankfully the ref saw it the same way as me.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
marinerjase
April 25, 2022, 10:42am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,665
Gold Stars: 147
Was right behind it..and like Stockport game the officials got it bang on. Little was looking for it and dived..quite embarrassingly so.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
Rodley Mariner
April 25, 2022, 10:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
I was bang in line with the Torquay penalty shout and it was as clear a dive as you'll see. He went down three yards before he got to Waterfall.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
Hagrid
April 25, 2022, 10:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from marinerjase
Was right behind it..and like Stockport game the officials got it bang on. Little was looking for it and dived..quite embarrassingly so.

was Evans, Number 7, did it all game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
Southwark Mariner
April 25, 2022, 11:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Crocombe made some great saves. Didn't exactly have much chance with their goal!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
Poojah
April 25, 2022, 11:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
Crocombe made some great saves. Didn't exactly have much chance with their goal!

I thought he had an excellent game, with the exception of that inexplicable moment of madness in the second half. Fortunate to get away with him, but it's the first time I've seen him do anything bonkers like that so I'll let him have it as a one-off for now.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
jamesgtfc
April 25, 2022, 12:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Poojah

I thought he had an excellent game, with the exception of that inexplicable moment of madness in the second half. Fortunate to get away with him, but it's the first time I've seen him do anything bonkers like that so I'll let him have it as a one-off for now.

Waterfall had a bit of an off day on Saturday and watching the highlights, the ball seems to be in an area where modern day keepers are expected to cover. He actually tried to keep it simple and kick the ball clear but Waterfall was in the way and it bounced off him and into the path of a Torquay player.

On the day I thought it was a moment of madness but watching back I actually think it was good goalkeeping to chase the defender down and make it hard for him to do something with the ball.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
diehardmariner
April 25, 2022, 1:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Highlights didn't do justice as to how much on top Torquay were in that first half.  But bloody hell we had a lot of chances in the second half.  At the time I thought Taylor's chance was harder than it was but his wasn't even the most gilt-edged!

What the highlights did capture well was how Taylor was at the heart of everything.   Near perfect example of how you play up front on your own with the remit of bringing others into play.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
Les Brechin
April 25, 2022, 2:34pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Poojah
On their first half penalty shout, at the time I took a sharp intake of breath as it looked about as nailed on a penalty as you’ll see from my vantage point, just the wrong side of the halfway line in the lower Findus. But if you watch it back slowly you’ll see that a) Waterfall gets a nick of the ball and b) their player throws himself to the ground without getting anywhere close to Waterfall (see freeze frame below).

Great decision from the ref; that’s a couple of times in recent weeks now where officials have had difficult calls to make but have got their decisions bang on the money, and in Town’s favour. I do think, in general, the standard of refereeing is better than the last time we were down here.

That dive was nearly as bad as this one.

[tweet]1517884458107654147[/tweet]

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
lew chaterleys lover
April 25, 2022, 9:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Matchday moments is up on Youtube to give a different perspective. Like a lot of our play, the build-up that eventually led to the penalty was brilliant to watch but the keeper made a good save,  but alls well that ends well.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
Hagrid
April 25, 2022, 9:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Matchday moments is up on Youtube to give a different perspective. Like a lot of our play, the build-up that eventually led to the penalty was brilliant to watch but the keeper made a good save,  but alls well that ends well.

Its a great ball from Scans to set holohan away
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Torquay highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.