Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Form guide.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 252 Guests

Form guide.

This thread currently has 2,153 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
April 23, 2022, 8:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
We are prominent in most of the tables but most impressive is we are third after Stockport and Wrexham over the last 12 games, in which we have only conceded 8 goals. We are currently top of the pile over the last 6.

Not so good is our ability to score goals compared to the above mentioned but that's understandable given their spending on strikers.

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england5
Logged Offline
Private Message
RonMariner
April 23, 2022, 8:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Torquay are 3rd in the form table which illustrates what a good win it was today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 23, 2022, 9:00pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
I also noticed that we have the third highest number of games won this season.

Stockport are top of the list then there are two others on 23 wins and then it's us on 22.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
buckstown
April 23, 2022, 9:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 79
To be honest I wouldn't mind facing Wrexham in the play offs, think we could beat them home or away.
Looks like Chesterfield are on the slide and may finish 7th but they beat us at home, as did Notts. Solihull are a danger but the form we're in we should be full of confidence and could take anyone.
If Solihull go up it would feel like a big kick in the teeth, being a league below them, Sutton and Harrogate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
Heswall Mariner
April 23, 2022, 9:35pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from buckstown
To be honest I wouldn't mind facing Wrexham in the play offs, think we could beat them home or away.
Looks like Chesterfield are on the slide and may finish 7th but they beat us at home, as did Notts. Solihull are a danger but the form we're in we should be full of confidence and could take anyone.
If Solihull go up it would feel like a big kick in the teeth, being a league below them, Sutton and Harrogate

Solihull away as in 4th v 7th in the play offs for me is the worst case scenario.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Mariner_09
April 23, 2022, 11:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

Solihull away as in 4th v 7th in the play offs for me is the worst case scenario.  

I could foresee a scenario where Solihull overhaul Halifax and get a one off home game. If I was a betting man, I'd say we'll finish 6th, ahead of Chesterfield but behind Solihull and Notts County cos I don't see them dropping more points than us given their respective run ins.

Ideally, I'd like one game at home and then I reckon we could win at Wrexham. We could've easily pinched a point there in January, when were at our lowest ebb arguably, looking very low on confidence and with players like Crookes and Sousa still mainstays, we're a much better team now individually and have much more confidence.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
The Yard Dog
April 24, 2022, 2:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from buckstown

We lost to Chesterfield, Notts County & Halifax (away) during that bad spell, Chesterfield are not the force when they had Tshimanga scoring for fun, we recently Chesterfield on their patch. After yesterday's results we should not fear anyone in our current form.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Mariner93er
April 24, 2022, 2:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Genuinely think these play offs will be so hard to call as the teams are all pretty evenly matched.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
ginnywings
April 24, 2022, 3:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Mariner93er
Genuinely think these play offs will be so hard to call as the teams are all pretty evenly matched.

Agreed.

Anyone is capable of beating anyone else on the day and you don't get a second chance at a second leg: lose and that's it.

It'll be a combination of being at it on the day, taking your chances when they come along, a bit of luck, a favourable refereeing decision, or any and all of the above.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
TownSNAFU5
April 24, 2022, 3:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Ideally, it is hitting peak form at the right time.  Reaching the playoffs and then stepping up further.  I hope we can do the latter given that we should be in the playoffs.

Teams like Chesterfield,  Boreham Wood and Bromley are not doing well now.  I would give us a fighting chance away from home, backed by our noisy fans.  The pressure would be on the home team.

Arsenal and Spurs are showing that momentum is more important than ability in the race for the CL.  Neither team can sustain a good run of results in the way that we have. Timing the run is critical - for us as well as them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Form guide.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.