Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › F.G.R.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 205 Guests

F.G.R.

This thread currently has 4,987 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Bristol Mariner
April 24, 2022, 12:39pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Unfortunately, attendance figures do not dictate where you are placed in the league structure. Yes at this level gate receipts can be a major proportion of the income but that doesn't mean it has to be. 136k from Matchday, £2.8m for Media and £2.8m for commercial.

Since 2010 they have had 6 different managers compared to our 6/7 so that argument doesn't hold up.

Creative accounting? I see nothing to suggest that this isn't the case.

Peanut burgers! Diet can have a massive impact on how players perform and more and more elite sports people are going vegan so maybe they are ahead of their time.

Maybe instead of looking for a conspiracy or trying to deflect onto peanut burgers, just accept that their business model and ethos within their club was/is better than ours has been for the last 12 years.

Spot on

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
lukeo
April 24, 2022, 12:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Fgr fans got a little wet when they invaded the pitch yesterday at Bristol  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
GrimPol
April 24, 2022, 2:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -786
Gold Stars: 76

Unfortunately, attendance figures do not dictate where you are placed in the league structure. Yes at this level gate receipts can be a major proportion of the income but that doesn't mean it has to be. 136k from Matchday, £2.8m for Media and £2.8m for commercial.

Since 2010 they have had 6 different managers compared to our 6/7 so that argument doesn't hold up.

Creative accounting? I see nothing to suggest that this isn't the case.

Peanut burgers! Diet can have a massive impact on how players perform and more and more elite sports people are going vegan so maybe they are ahead of their time.

Maybe instead of looking for a conspiracy or trying to deflect onto peanut burgers, just accept that their business model and ethos within their club was/is better than ours has been for the last 12 years.

Peanut Burgers was a joke man, and I'm never surprised that people following dogma usually lose their sense of humour along the way.

Just not following your numbers "136k from Matchday, £2.8m for Media and £2.8m for commercial" what time scale?
If you are intimating that in the last 12 years money was taken out of GTFC, however, money was put inconsistently at FGR then that's what I've been asking. But if that is a fact is the case, then FGR is subsidised.
As to the diet, some papers are saying the squad have been lapsing into heresy and sometimes (whisper) "eating meat" at night. But I won't tell anyone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 52
TheRealJohnLewis
April 24, 2022, 2:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from GrimPol

Peanut Burgers was a joke man, and I'm never surprised that people following dogma usually lose their sense of humour along the way.

Just not following your numbers "136k from Matchday, £2.8m for Media and £2.8m for commercial" what time scale?
If you are intimating that in the last 12 years money was taken out of GTFC, however, money was put inconsistently at FGR then that's what I've been asking. But if that is a fact is the case, then FGR is subsidised.
As to the diet, some papers are saying the squad have been lapsing into heresy and sometimes (whisper) "eating meat" at night. But I won't tell anyone.

Those figures are the income for the last financial year. https://find-and-update.compan.....t=pdf&download=0

I am intimating that FGR have grown and progressed since Dale Vince took over whereas Town have not. (obviously, we are going in the right direction now). Despite the early years of spending big to get out the Conference they are now pulling in a profit.

Every club is subsidised, whether that be Gate receipts, sponsorship or a sugar daddy.

P.s. do not get diet advice from papers!
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
aldi_01
April 24, 2022, 4:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
You can argue and moan about Vince rebranding the club and even try and formulate an argument that it’s perhaps not sustainable, there’s not much evidence yet to suggest it isn’t though.

Simple fact is, they’ve been ambitious and progressed since we beat them. We haven’t. We returned to the league and made all the same mistakes again, failed to invest and actually the club deteriorated further.

Crowd size means intercourse all. When you start arguing over attendances you end up sounding like a Newcastle fan. FGR are miles in front of us, that’s a fact.

Do I like the rebrand and the rehash of the club? Not really, and I know there’s a handful of FGR fans that still wear black and white but you can bet your bottom dollar they’ll enjoy their trips to derby and Pompey next year, whereas there’s a big chance we’ll be heading to flipping Bromley and Aldershot…I know which I’d prefer…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 52
Gaffer58
April 24, 2022, 9:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
I have no problem with them being successful on the pitch as long as everything is correct behind the scenes. In the competitive league system it allows clubs to improve and move up the through the leagues, Wimbledon an example of this, just because they have no history etc should not stop them being promoted, it was only a year ago when there was all the fuss about the European Super League with it being a closed shop for a certain elite only.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 52
aldi_01
April 24, 2022, 9:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
To be honest, our seemingly contempt fit FGR seems to have originated after one of our fans was a twit and was thrown out, albeit a tad aggressively…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 52
GrimPol
April 25, 2022, 10:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -786
Gold Stars: 76

Those figures are the income for the last financial year. https://find-and-update.compan.....t=pdf&download=0

I am intimating that FGR have grown and progressed since Dale Vince took over whereas Town have not. (obviously, we are going in the right direction now). Despite the early years of spending big to get out the Conference they are now pulling in a profit.

Every club is subsidised, whether that be Gate receipts, sponsorship or a sugar daddy.

P.s. do not get diet advice from papers!

Well the lower down the football Tiers you travel the gate money is a larger proportion of your club's income., that's why covid was such a financial shock to lower leagues. In the Premier 20-25% of turnover is matchday, the rest is Media/Sponsorship/Sugar daddies.
FGR matchday income is 2.4% of total turnover. Hmmmmm
Dale Vince has a company that generates wind power (he calls them windmills), and 200k customers who buy Electricity and Gas. His blurb makes out that its ever so green, but we know better. He uses FGR as a promotion of life as he sees fit, the fans go along because playing Sheffield is better than Wealdstone.I know some on this forum wouldn't mind if Putin bought GTFC, changed the strip to the Russian Flag, and renamed BP to AK-47 as long as Messi Ronaldo played, however, some do care as shown by the kerfuffle caused by adding a banner in the badge 1878 which is when history started anyway.
DV is now selling parts of his empire, so we will see what happens next, I wish FGR well and wish we were playing them.
JF got a lot of stick whilst the majority owner of GTFC, and during this time "whatabouters" on this forum put up Scunthorpe Utd as a model when they hit great heights of League 1 whilst we had our first stint of National League.  Well, what about Scunny, now relegated, £11million in debt, and doesn't own their ground. Not a great model to follow after all.
GTFC are not in debt and owns its ground last I heard. Sometimes all is not what it seems.    
Just for interest           https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bq3935

P.S. I don't get dietary advice from papers or forums.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
diehardmariner
April 25, 2022, 1:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
FGR are only unsustainable if Vince walks away.  Listen to any of his interviews that he's given (there are plenty of them out there!), he gives absolutely no indication that he wants to walk away.

Never quite understood this faux hate of them.  He's a very clever and switched on guy who is well on board with a green agenda.  Regardless of your views on either the green agenda or veganism, he's achieving things we could only dream of at present.  The fact we had a year head start on them in 2016 and yet are now potentially facing a gulf of two divisions tells you everything.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 52
diehardmariner
April 25, 2022, 1:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from GrimPol

Well the lower down the football Tiers you travel the gate money is a larger proportion of your club's income., that's why covid was such a financial shock to lower leagues. In the Premier 20-25% of turnover is matchday, the rest is Media/Sponsorship/Sugar daddies.
FGR matchday income is 2.4% of total turnover. Hmmmmm
Dale Vince has a company that generates wind power (he calls them windmills), and 200k customers who buy Electricity and Gas. His blurb makes out that its ever so green, but we know better. He uses FGR as a promotion of life as he sees fit, the fans go along because playing Sheffield is better than Wealdstone.I know some on this forum wouldn't mind if Putin bought GTFC, changed the strip to the Russian Flag, and renamed BP to AK-47 as long as Messi Ronaldo played, however, some do care as shown by the kerfuffle caused by adding a banner in the badge 1878 which is when history started anyway.
DV is now selling parts of his empire, so we will see what happens next, I wish FGR well and wish we were playing them.
JF got a lot of stick whilst the majority owner of GTFC, and during this time "whatabouters" on this forum put up Scunthorpe Utd as a model when they hit great heights of League 1 whilst we had our first stint of National League.  Well, what about Scunny, now relegated, £11million in debt, and doesn't own their ground. Not a great model to follow after all.
GTFC are not in debt and owns its ground last I heard. Sometimes all is not what it seems.    
Just for interest           https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bq3935

P.S. I don't get dietary advice from papers or forums.

So you're putting Vince in the same conversation as to a) a despot dictator who is currently accused of war crimes and genocide b) our former owner who oversaw factually our worst 20 year spell in history and tried to get in bed with a convicted conman c) the worst owner in Scunthorpe's history who has effectively stolen the ground from them and d) a convicted fraudster at Notts County.

Wow.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › F.G.R.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.