This thread currently has 8,185 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Balaby
April 23, 2022, 5:53pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +87
Thought Taylor was absolutely superb again today! Hold up play, flick ons and work rate was second to none! Unsung hero this season, brilliant 👏🏻
Big shout out to the referee today aswell!! Let the play flow and for once was a credit, best referee seen in this league by a country mile!! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 59
acko338
April 23, 2022, 5:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,230
Gold Stars: 33
Scannell and Amos are making a good left side team.

Jones looked well off the pace, either not fit or carrying a knock.

Couple of excellent saves from Crocombe when needed.

Taylor held the line well, but the passing wavelengths took a good time to get sorted.

2nd half was far better all round, post hit twice, Taylor nearly broke the bar, and a defender managed to turn another shot past the post.

To be fair - several chances missed through poor last pass or shot decisions, but a blatent penalty and well taken by Abrahams.

A quality result again and the run continues !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 59
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
April 23, 2022, 6:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Cant help but look at torquays results this half of the season and not think weve done really well there. Some of our issues the first half just sounded like a really good pressing game by torquay. Second half we really took the game to them. Great to be looking forward to and then enjoying every game at the moment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 59
lukeo
April 23, 2022, 6:11pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
Love it. Love it. Love it. Constantly clicked onto sky sports app and over celebrated when I saw we scored in 90+1mins.. Luckily for me Exeter also won so it looked like I'll celebrating their win 😂

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 59
ginnywings
April 23, 2022, 6:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Think it helped that Torquay had to go for it, especially after we got that equaliser against the run of play. They needed the three points to close the gap on us and I think that helped us find spaces once we got our act together.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 59
RonMariner
April 23, 2022, 6:23pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,798
Gold Stars: 226
Tremendous result against a side in great form. They are now out of the picture as far as being a play off threat to us goes. I think we can forget Bromley too.

Dagenham are still a theoretical threat, but given our remaining fixtures its hard to see them getting six points more than us in the run in. Same applies to Boreham Wood who have to win both their games in hand, and beat us to stand any chance, but they have to visit Stockport next week. That might well be the final nail in their coffin.

The fact is though that we now have two very winnable games coming up against the 17th and 18th placed teams who have sodomist all to pay for. Even without MacAtee we have enough fire power to beat them comfortably.  If we do we are sitting with 78 points and might already have confirmed our play off spot.

Personally I would rest MacAtee for those games so that he will have had three weeks to recover from his injury and play him against Boreham Wood on May 10th if it looks like we might have a sniff of 5th place.   Otherwise save him for the playoffs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 59
mimma
April 23, 2022, 6:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
The wind made it a bit of a lottery. One minute it was blowing a gale, the it would suddenly die. It made judging passes difficult, but both teams managed to play some good football. All credit to Torquay for making it a good game, as well as the ref. Best ref this season by a country mile. We just about deserved the win, especially 2nd half, but were once again wasteful in front of goal. Scannell my MOTM. Very clever in tight situations.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 59
jamesgtfc
April 23, 2022, 6:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
I've been critical of Scannell and thought he did alright last week against Stockport but today he was absolutely superb for the full 90 minutes. Most of the team weren't at the races first half and our defending was terrible at times. I felt at times during the game that Joey Jones was doing his best to help Dag & Red finish in the play-offs, he was very frustrating to watch.

JMD looked very tired and Max Wright looked like he was playing like his career depended on it today. Good performance from him when he came on under what must be immense pressure for him.

I actually thought it was a penalty first half in real-time from the halfway line in the Main Stand so be interesting to see that one back. Bit of ping pong in the box at the end but our lad got tripped and calm as you like from Abrahams (take note Bruno Fernandes).

Clifton could comfortably have had a hat-trick today and scored the hardest of them all. Seemed to sky the opportunities that came to him when he had lots of time to think about what he was going to do. Scannell could have had 2 or 3 too, he was superb today like I said at the start.

Torquay showed today that it can be tough being losing finalists as it doesn't give you long to prepare. I think they will be a threat next season if we're still down here.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 59
lew chaterleys lover
April 23, 2022, 7:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Deserved winners, the second half especially in very difficult conditions. Like us, they found it much more difficult against the wind.

Taylor, Scannell, Holohan and Amos were absolutely fantastic for this level. The football we played was my new favourite word - sublime.

Fair play to Hurst - in his interviews he is still asking for more, rightly so, but he must be feeling good about the team at the minute especially with John McAtee likely to come back when we need him.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 59
Hagrid
April 23, 2022, 7:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I've been critical of Scannell and thought he did alright last week against Stockport but today he was absolutely superb for the full 90 minutes. Most of the team weren't at the races first half and our defending was terrible at times. I felt at times during the game that Joey Jones was doing his best to help Dag & Red finish in the play-offs, he was very frustrating to watch.

JMD looked very tired and Max Wright looked like he was playing like his career depended on it today. Good performance from him when he came on under what must be immense pressure for him.

I actually thought it was a penalty first half in real-time from the halfway line in the Main Stand so be interesting to see that one back. Bit of ping pong in the box at the end but our lad got tripped and calm as you like from Abrahams (take note Bruno Fernandes).

Clifton could comfortably have had a hat-trick today and scored the hardest of them all. Seemed to sky the opportunities that came to him when he had lots of time to think about what he was going to do. Scannell could have had 2 or 3 too, he was superb today like I said at the start.

Torquay showed today that it can be tough being losing finalists as it doesn't give you long to prepare. I think they will be a threat next season if we're still down here.

I dont think Max really did anything? I want him to do well as do we all but im really confused by what you saw to indicate your view
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.