HertsGTFC
April 17, 2022, 8:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Davec
Waterfall has been much improved this season, he has had a very good season, but he does seem to get caught ball watching on too many occasions, but then he is playing in the national League so of course he isn't going to be perfect, would I offer him a new deal? Yes I certainly would

Agree with this but would add that I’d keep him as captain too.

Re the highlights it just confirmed to me that despite a poor first half the players didn’t panic or shrink. The first goal was excellent and the 2nd was actually a great finish too by Hoolahan who is clearly a complete opportunist.

What it also made me think of was the overall quality now at this level, it’s vastly improved since we left this league in 2016. If you didn’t know how the pyramid work both on and off the pitch once again at BP you’d have never thought that was a tier 5 game.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
marinerjase
April 17, 2022, 8:10am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,665
Gold Stars: 147
Waterfall has been outstanding. Gone from looking like he had no future here a year ago to being one of first names on the team sheet.
He’s a leader, talks to others, organises, pops up with key goals/assists, in general defends very well. There’s bound to be mistakes..be it struggling with certain types of strikes or styles, and pace - but the improvement this season in his play and his part in how we do/play has been monumental.

McAtee will sweep up in player of the year awards, rightly so..but don’t underestimate the part Waterfall has played. Deserves acknowledging and credit to him.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
April 17, 2022, 8:11am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from arryarryarry

He did well to head the ball back for our second, but watch their goal, he was caught in la la land again, completely lost their player.

Who do you expect to play for town in non league, Maldini?
Waterfall has had a great season, of course he will make mistakes but doesn’t everyone

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
HertsGTFC
April 17, 2022, 8:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from marinerjase
Waterfall has been outstanding. Gone from looking like he had no future here a year ago to being one of first names on the team sheet.
He’s a leader, talks to others, organises, pops up with key goals/assists, in general defends very well. There’s bound to be mistakes..be it struggling with certain types of strikes or styles, and pace - but the improvement this season in his play and his part in how we do/play has been monumental.

McAtee will sweep up in player of the year awards, rightly so..but don’t underestimate the part Waterfall has played. Deserves acknowledging and credit to him.

The bit I forgot to add re Waterfall is that most of the season he’s played with a rookie alongside him in either Towler or Smith clearly he’s helped both do o.k.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
buckstown
April 17, 2022, 8:15am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,208
Gold Stars: 79
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
zorro_is_a_Mariner
April 17, 2022, 8:30am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Posh Harry
Seen highlights from Stockport which are better than ours (higher quality video). Would post them but as a technophobe i don’t know how!

Shows to me that waterfall got away with it and should have been a pen. Red card probably right. The ref probably had the best view in the ground and the player himself didn’t complain which probably tells its own story. Amos was nothing more than a yellow for certain.

Waterfall touched the ball it was right in front of me

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
Poojah
April 17, 2022, 8:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Slightly easier to see the big incidents on their version. Does Waterfall get the ball? It’s hard to make a case that he does, so should be probably be a pen to them.

The red card’s a red card; no dispute, and I do see the argument that Amos’ challenge (which I previously described as fùcking stupid) wasn’t even a foul.

Who knows what happens if they get that early penalty and Waterfall on a yellow, but for once it’s nice to see Town on the right side of fortune because it does feel like that happens so rarely.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
Poojah
April 17, 2022, 8:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner

Waterfall touched the ball it was right in front of me

I’ll have to take your word for that. There are moments in the footage where the all is obscured by the two players’ bodies, so it’s hard to say definitively from that.

Perhaps matchday moments might provide a clearer idea.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
aldi_01
April 17, 2022, 8:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Definite red, Amos challenge not half as bad as their reaction. Poor goal for us to concede although it must’ve been close to offside.

Both of our goals were very good.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 17, 2022, 8:37am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
After watching both sets of highlights and having attended the match what surprised me was that despite Stockport’s complete domination of the first half they only created that one clear chance plus the dodgy back pass.

So credit to our defenders and the two lads in midfield who in reality didn’t have the best of matches, particularly Jones, but shows that despite this they must have done something right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockport Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.