This thread currently has 10,671 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
April 15, 2022, 5:48pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

Thought they were absolute class before the sending off, you can see why they are top.

Obviously them going down to 10 men changed the game.

McAtee at the end of the game shaking most of their players hands and then coming over to the Findus to acknowledge the fans, we are lucky to have him.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
April 15, 2022, 5:54pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Not seen BP like that for a long time. UTM

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 62
LH
April 15, 2022, 5:56pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
You won’t seen many more obvious examples of a red card turning a game on it’s head than that. They were brilliant and might have romped that 3, 4 or 5-0 had it stayed 11v11. I’m not going to say we were brilliant because we weren’t. Jones in particular looked like his mate had won a raffle to play but had something else on so gave his place to Jones, and in the first half it looked like our defenders had met in the car park. The grind to get the win and the result itself have given me a lot of belief for our chances this season.

The atmosphere at the end was the best in years. A real joy to be sat in it today.

No doubt in my mind now that we’ll qualify for the play offs. A great Friday indeed.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 62
lukeo
April 15, 2022, 5:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Very honest guys thanks for that. Listening to the radio I have to agree first half I can't remember any of the towns names mentioned in a positive note and County dominated... Bizarre he took Quigley off but as a town fan I can't complain. I just hope they pick back up and win the rest of their games 👍 UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 62
Mayaman
April 15, 2022, 6:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Just listening to PH.  Said some of the cramp was the lads doing what other teams have done to us.  He added, that he hoped so. Yeah it's not pretty but if you can't beat, join him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 62
MuddyWaters
April 15, 2022, 6:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
We were completely bossed first half but took the opportunity the sending off gave us. Have thought for a long time that Scannell could star in this league and, alongside McAtee, stood out today. Also honourable mention to Andy Smith and Danny Amos.

Another big game Monday, six points this weekend would stand us in really good stead. UTM
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 62
GhostDan
April 15, 2022, 6:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Fair play to Stockport, far and away the best side we’ve seen this season. I’m sure they’ll do well next year aswell.

As LH said, could have been a brutal afternoon for us, had they kept 11 men on the pitch.  Some good performances, Taylor, McAtee, Scannell I thought probably the pick for us.

First time I’ve seen Jones and my word he was horrendous, a lot of pointing and talking a good game, digging other players out but barely completed a pass, made a tackle or anything else. I really hope there’s more to come.

Onto Kings Lynn!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 62
Hagrid
April 15, 2022, 6:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
With results going as they did, we had to take a point. We got 3.

Sending off changed the game, and he didnt need to do it either, they were completely in control and the best team ive seen here. Vocally their support was terrific too

Taking off Quigley was a mistake for them and invited us to attack

PH change to bring on JMD for Clifton was positive and got us the 3 points. Scannell was superb and a clear MOM.

Onto Monday, might set off now….😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 62
MuddyWaters
April 15, 2022, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GhostDan
Fair play to Stockport, far and away the best side we’ve seen this season. I’m sure they’ll do well next year aswell.

As LH said, could have been a brutal afternoon for us, had they kept 11 men on the pitch.  Some good performances, Taylor, McAtee, Scannell I thought probably the pick for us.

First time I’ve seen Jones and my word he was horrendous, a lot of pointing and talking a good game, digging other players out but barely completed a pass, made a tackle or anything else. I really hope there’s more to come.

Onto Kings Lynn!

UTM

I tried to be kind and leave Jones out of my post but agree 💯
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 62
jamesgtfc
April 15, 2022, 6:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
I commented to the lad next to me that Jones was doing his best to play himself out of a contract for next season in the first half. I thought it was a bold move to leave Cropper out of the matchday 16 completely given the throw he has in his locker but that's the quality we have in the squad now I guess.

I thought it was a tough afternoon for Taylor. I wanted Dieseruvwe to come on for him and then he did what he does best and set up McAtee for a great goal. Really pleased Hurst brought JMD on when he did because the game needed him and he was key in changing the outcome.

We couldn't get anywhere near the excellent Stockport until the second half. We needed them to go defensive to get hold of the ball and thankfully for us, they did just that. We could have done with Wrexham winning today to make the gap at the top 5 points but I can't see Stockport bottling it now.

On we go. Absolutely buzzing with that result.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 62
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.