Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League Promotion & Relegation Calcula
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 302 Guests

National League Promotion & Relegation Calcula

This thread currently has 7,050 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
April 4, 2022, 6:08am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Just had a go on the NL predictor…

1     Stockport
—————————
2     Wrexham
3     FC Halifax
4     Grimsby
5     Notts County
6     Solihull Moors
7     Bromley
—————————
8     Chesterfield
9     Boreham Wood

Which would result in the following play-offs…

Quarter-Finals

Grimsby v Bromley
Notts Co v Solihull Moors

Semi-Finals

Wrexham v Notts Co or Solihull Moors
FC Halifax v Grimsby or Bromley

So I have us facing the 2 biggest thorns in our side this season if we want to reach the Promotion Final.

Sadly for Dover I have them missing out on reaching 0 points.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
lukeo
April 4, 2022, 6:33am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
A bit optimistic!
I did it but us and Solihull were the other way round. Personally don't think we will catch them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 43
GollyGTFC
April 4, 2022, 7:01am

Whiskey Drinker
Solihull’s next 4 games include playing the top 3 all away from home. And they finish with Bromley & Dagenham at home and away at Boreham Wood on the final day of the season.

That’s a tough run in.

And 5 of their next 6 are away too. They are unbeaten in their last 13 league games, but their quality is about to be tested.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 43
HertsGTFC
April 4, 2022, 7:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Just had a go on the NL predictor…

1     Stockport
—————————
2     Wrexham
3     FC Halifax
4     Grimsby
5     Notts County
6     Solihull Moors
7     Bromley
—————————
8     Chesterfield
9     Boreham Wood

Which would result in the following play-offs…

Quarter-Finals

Grimsby v Bromley
Notts Co v Solihull Moors

Semi-Finals

Wrexham v Notts Co or Solihull Moors
FC Halifax v Grimsby or Bromley

So I have us facing the 2 biggest thorns in our side this season if we want to reach the Promotion Final.

Sadly for Dover I have them missing out on reaching 0 points.

I’d be amazed if Chesterfield finished 8th, still think our highest finish will be 7th.and we’ll be back at Chesterfield.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 43
GrimRob
April 4, 2022, 7:31am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 43
Hagrid
April 4, 2022, 7:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Not a chance are we finishing ahead of notts with their remaining games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 43
GollyGTFC
April 4, 2022, 7:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
Not a chance are we finishing ahead of notts with their remaining games

Maybe, but Notts’ season has been blighted by an inability to string results together and a general lack of consistency.

We’re only 2 points behind them with similar GD (2 worse). Not too far fetched to believe we can finish above them. Realistically every match we have left is winnable.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 43
GollyGTFC
April 4, 2022, 7:49am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I’d be amazed if Chesterfield finished 8th, still think our highest finish will be 7th.and we’ll be back at Chesterfield.

Chesterfield’s have played 10 matches since Tshimanga was injured and have only picked up 12 points (3 wins and 3 draws).

Carry that on and they will end up on around 75 or 76 points. Which I think might well be borderline.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 43
fishboyUTM
April 4, 2022, 10:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Looks a reasonable assessment. I haven't given up on third, I think we are good enough. I think the astute singings of Jones and Holohan have given us balance we have lacked all season. With forwards such as the underated IMO Ryan Taylor and John Mcatee, creativity from Holohan and Maguire Drew, steel from an in form Harry Clifton and the defensive solidness of any from Pearson, Smith and Waterfall, we have a real chance of getting back to league two and we'll push on this time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 43
Poojah
April 4, 2022, 11:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Chesterfield’s have played 10 matches since Tshimanga was injured and have only picked up 12 points (3 wins and 3 draws).

Carry that on and they will end up on around 75 or 76 points. Which I think might well be borderline.

Tshimanga’s absence is an obvious issue for them, and it’s almost certain that they’d have picked up more points had he been fit. But I don’t think it’s quite as simple as that.

What happened in late January when they effectively sacked James Rowe and went on to replace him with Paul Cook was very unusual. How often do you see a manager sacked when his side is top of the league and in good form? Evidently he got the bullet for non-footballing reasons, but it’s something that hardly ever happens.

Likewise, it’s an odd one for the incoming Paul Cook. Normally when you take on a new job, it’s because the team is failing to meet expectations and and out of form. In that scenario it’s ok to come in, change things up and implement your own philosophy.

But he’s done that when there was already a winning formula in place. He’s changed formation and system to what has worked for him in the past, not what necessarily suits the personnel at his disposal. It’s arrogant and naive, and I think Chesterfield should be concerned about where things are headed for them.

We’re 5 points off them with a game in hand, hitting form and with key players coming back to fitness. Chesterfield are averaging only a point a game on recent form, and their talisman won’t be back for them this season. They still have Halifax, Stockport and Bromley to play, too.

I’m going to put it out there and say that Town will finish ahead of them, which seemed totally out of the question only a few weeks ago.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 43
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League Promotion & Relegation Calcula

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.