Hagrid
April 2, 2022, 5:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
To Car

That was absolutely superb. From first to last. We played them off the park. Started brightly, and conceeded after switching off from a corner but responded well. JMD missed an open goal and then 2 thunderbolts giving us a lead we richly deserved. Second half Clifton planted a lovely headed back across goal, before taylor was denied with a good save

They came into a bit more and hit the post before we put the icing on the cake with the Goal from Taylor who held the ball up brilliantly afternoon and deserved his goal

Mcatee put in a complete a performance as you will see. He was absolutely unplayable but i want to give a mention to the 2 CB’s and Joey Jones in front of the back 4 who fitted in fantastically well

Delighted for PH and the team, a superb 3 points backed by outstanding support
Logged Offline
Private Message
TAGG
April 2, 2022, 5:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Absolutely fantastic performance.
I'm so glad we were at the away end when the first two went in because the view of them flashing into the goal was Jevenesqe.
Great performance by player and fans alike.
Best away day for years UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 95
GhostDan
April 2, 2022, 5:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Unbelievable result and performance by the lads, absolutely gutted I couldn’t make it today.  I really don’t think teams will want to get us in the playoffs.

How was Joey Jones today? (Edit sorry just saw that you mentioned him)

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 95
TAGG
April 2, 2022, 5:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from GhostDan
Unbelievable result and performance by the lads, absolutely gutted I couldn’t make it today.  I really don’t think teams will want to get us in the playoffs.

How was Joey Jones today? (Edit sorry just saw that you mentioned him)

UTFM

IMO he was proper good

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 95
LondonMariner43
April 2, 2022, 5:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,978
Gold Stars: 64
I’m a bit puzzled by Joey Jones.  He hasn’t exactly pulled up trees in his career and presumably wasn’t wanted by Dagenham.  What has Hurst seen in him?  Would love him to be a Nolan-esque signing but just curious about the back story!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 95
Swansea_Mariner
April 2, 2022, 5:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
It's an absolute belter of a win!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 95
Kris2
April 2, 2022, 6:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from LondonMariner43
I’m a bit puzzled by Joey Jones.  He hasn’t exactly pulled up trees in his career and presumably wasn’t wanted by Dagenham.  What has Hurst seen in him?  Would love him to be a Nolan-esque signing but just curious about the back story!

Presume he's been watching him for a while, has a lot of experience at this level. Started as a promising youngster in the youth academies of some huge clubs, played internationally as a young player and found himself dropping down the leagues in search of regular first team football. There are times a player just doesn't click with a manager or gel with a team and it might be the case at Dagenham. He's been part of a couple of promotion campaigns so can see why he is a good signing on paper, maybe it just hasn't worked out there. He's out of contract in the summer so let him go on loan until the end of the season as deemed surplus to requirements. Could just be the case of the right manager and the right team to get him back on track. The recent signings by Hurst seem to be players who have experience in promotion campaigns at this level, he's got an idea of what he wants and it's players who know what it takes to get to the playoffs and get promoted at this level with lots of experience in this league. Perhaps the mindset you need at this point of the season over young players getting game experience that might not have that mental toughness needed.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 95
grimsby pete
April 2, 2022, 6:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Today's game was one I had penciled in at the start of the season.

Because of ill health I could not venture past the end of the road never mind Chesterfield.

BUT

I feel I could run up and down the stairs after today's result.

Good job I live in a bungalow.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 95
rancido
April 2, 2022, 6:19pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
I think PH must take a lot of of credit for putting together a a squad that seems up to the challenge and has strengths in all areas. This is also a comparatively young squad with players that still have the potential to get better. Even if we don't get promoted this season I think we are in a great position to be very serious contenders for next season. There are strong signs of continuity in the the squad that can only be a good sign for seasons to come.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 95
ska face
April 2, 2022, 6:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Just on the train (fūck off Cross Country) and amused to see these threads on the Chesterfield board after most of their lot were expecting a comfortable win. lol. Lmao.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/SRgHx64x/68-D1-F4-AF-5277-499-E-8-FD1-C26235-D28988.jpg[/img]
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 95
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.