March 28, 2022, 7:30am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
quebec38
March 28, 2022, 8:15am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
JMD is fantastic isn’t he. Not the fastest but can go by his man dropping his shoulder and weaving inside really effectively. He crosses  well, can shoot from range and spot a pass. 4 goals and one assist since his first game in December and that includes missing 9 games after the injury against Bromley.

First midfielder on the team sheet for me!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
thefish
March 28, 2022, 8:22am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from quebec38
JMD is fantastic isn’t he. Not the fastest but can go by his man dropping his shoulder and weaving inside really effectively. He crosses  well, can shoot from range and spot a pass. 4 goals and one assist since his first game in December and that includes missing 9 games after the injury against Bromley.

First midfielder on the team sheet for me!

If only we could combine Sousa's pace and trickery with JMD's technical ability...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
fishboyUTM
March 28, 2022, 8:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from thefish

If only we could combine Sousa's pace and trickery with JMD's technical ability...

If you could, that player wouldn't be here long. Love JMD and I think there is more to come from him. He's been out with that calf strain a while and I think you can tell, he was out on his feet after 60 mins last Tuesday. When he regains full fitness he will be a real asset for us on that right hand side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
lew chaterleys lover
March 28, 2022, 10:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
I keep saying it but some , most of our football is sublime. We also work very hard and we have some very talented players.

I know football has moved on a lot since we were last down here but we are so much better.

The only snag is that all the better teams also play the game the right way and have good players but if we can ensure a playoff spot nobody will relish playing us.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
bedders78
March 28, 2022, 10:01am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from fishboyUTM

If you could, that player wouldn't be here long. Love JMD and I think there is more to come from him. He's been out with that calf strain a while and I think you can tell, he was out on his feet after 60 mins last Tuesday. When he regains full fitness he will be a real asset for us on that right hand side.

Totally agree - earlier in the season he was at his most dangerous towards the end of games when the pace slowed a bit to his level

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
FishOutOfWater
March 28, 2022, 10:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
So was it a handball on the line?

It looks very much like it but the footage isn't 100% conclusive

IF we'd gone 3-0 up at that stage I think we could have run up a cricket score ( not an England one though of course )
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 25
Maringer
March 28, 2022, 10:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,644
Gold Stars: 189
He's got a lot of skill and actually wins quite a few tackles as well as he's willing to get stuck in. Just a pity he's not a yard quicker but then, if he was, he'd be playing at a higher level.

I don't think he actually had his best game on Saturday as he was too 'greedy', ignoring the overlapping runner on too many occasions. That said, he nicked a goal, great free-kick delivery for our second and it was a lovely pass through to Holohan for a first half chance so still a more than useful performance!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
LondonMariner43
March 28, 2022, 11:15am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,978
Gold Stars: 64
Whatever anyone thinks of Hurst, I think he has made some fantastic signings this season and really built on the squad that he put together at the start of the season.  I can't see us going up this season, but I could see this squad coming fast out of the blocks next august.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
Mariner16
March 28, 2022, 11:45am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
So was it a handball on the line?

It looks very much like it but the footage isn't 100% conclusive

IF we'd gone 3-0 up at that stage I think we could have run up a cricket score ( not an England one though of course )

2-1 is an England cricket score
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Daggers Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.