Reply: 1 - 6
out of town
March 12, 2022, 7:23pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +717
Gold Stars: 10
Shocking decision from the ref who was about 6 yards away. Both teams were pretty average
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
moosey_club
March 12, 2022, 7:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Pretty drab game until that dodgy penalty that then woke Borehamwood up

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
March 12, 2022, 7:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Whats strange is that no team has impressed us with their quality or style of play and yet were doubting ourselves because we feel like we havnt got that style or quality yet either. Maybe the amount of ex league names has clouded the drop in standard of football this season.

Look at the run were on again, 6 wins in 8 I think it was? The next few games will really tell the story, but in a playoff situation I dont think we lack the quality the way that at least I personally had convinced myself we did a few games ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
AussieMariner
March 12, 2022, 7:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Yeah it’s an interesting one. I really think that when we go for it we can match any of the other teams. That sort of implies that it’s PH’s conservative nature that holds us back and results in narrow defeats.
In a play off match, especially now they’re one leg, maybe he’ll let the hand brake off a bit earlier.
Having seen what we did at Notts County, when we swarmed all over them in their back yard and won through sheer consistent pressure, makes me think we’re a real chance if we sneak in to the playoffs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
jamesgtfc
March 12, 2022, 8:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Whats strange is that no team has impressed us with their quality or style of play and yet were doubting ourselves because we feel like we havnt got that style or quality yet either. Maybe the amount of ex league names has clouded the drop in standard of football this season.

Look at the run were on again, 6 wins in 8 I think it was? The next few games will really tell the story, but in a playoff situation I dont think we lack the quality the way that at least I personally had convinced myself we did a few games ago.

Providing we do alright over the next few games I think we will still be saying "the next few games are key" because we are at the successful end of the table where teams win more than they lose.

At the bottom end of the table, getting 19 points from 24 would pull you away. Scunthorpe have gained 5 points from their last 8 games, another 14 points on the board in that period would have seen them on 38 points and probably condemned Oldham and Colchester to 3 less points to put them 19th.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cheaterfield V Boreham Wood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.