Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus/a127 (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 246 Guests

Just Back...on the bus/a127 (merged)

This thread currently has 7,007 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
March 8, 2022, 9:58pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127
Fairly ignominious end to our good run. Reasonable display first half without too much goal threat. Defensively we must be getting somewhere near Hurst's ideal position. We defend as a unit and with Pearson and Waterfall so commanding not much gets by us.
Sadly, offensively we are beset by the problems that with a few notable exceptions have affected us since October. Dreadful final balls into the danger area and a reluctance to shoot being all too obvious.
The game was always going to be decided by an error. Efete lost the ball just inside our half, tried to get back but only succeeded in giving away the penalty. Their crowd were relieved, our fans appeared resigned.
Even the appearance of Saturday's hero couldn't change things. Man of the match for Town Shaun Pearson-coolness personified.
390 Town fans. Its a long way home...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
forza ivano
March 8, 2022, 10:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
We managed to lose a 0-0 draw.looked mediocre throughout and didnt create a proper chance.
1 mistake, looked like he dived in, and wouldn't be surprised if it was an unnecessary challenge.
Crooks  pearson n waterfall were v solid.efete n sousa didnt function. Midfield was hotly contested so didnt see much of the new lad nor coke. Clifton worked hard, but I dont think hes getting in the box as much as was 6 months ago. Mcatee tried but not too much worked for him poor old Abraham's had just nothing to work with.
They battled hard, and improved in the 2nd half, markedly once they had scored.subs could've been made 10 minutes earlier  but not entirely sure it eouldve made much difference.
Tonight summed up why we wont go up.need to get at least a point out of these games, as sarfend were nothing special. If we cant create chances  we are not going to score, and we are not getting any outstanding individual performances like we did early in the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 48
Ashby mariner
March 8, 2022, 10:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Thanks. Have a safe trip back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 48
bradzmilne
March 8, 2022, 10:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,428
Gold Stars: 30
Sounded a disappointing way for the run to end.

Off the top of my head can’t really remember Burnsy or Gritts sounding overly excited about any town attack, which in itself says a lot. Feel that’s a particular shame as when you think back to Saturday, creating chances wasn’t really the issue.

With that said, ‘if” we win on Saturday… We find ourself in a play off place… It’s not all bad

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 48
louth_in_the_south
March 8, 2022, 11:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
I listened to the radio Essex commentary and they basically summed town up as having no one who could open Southend up .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 48
KingstonMariner
March 9, 2022, 12:17am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Just back. Well that was a bit of a strange one. I enjoyed the first half. Good competitive fixture with them mostly on the attack but they hardly created any real opportunities, through a combination of great defending (nothing really last ditch). We had the odd break.

Second half we began to take the game to them more. Their attacks were looking less and less likely to lead to a goal. They got it out wide  a lot but nothing came of it. But as we attacked more we began to lose us shape. A couple of times on our right, Effete, Sousa and McAtee were all close together. And no one behind them. We lost the ball and they were in a red of space but we managed to snuff it out. It happened again and that led to their penalty indirectly. It looked to me as that was the only way they were going to score.

Sousa didn’t have a good game but the other players were reluctant to pass it to him even when it was the best option. Harry was industrious as ever but a bit shot shy.

After their goal we seemed to get worse. Great gaps in central midfield leaving the centre ground to them.

A bit unlucky to lose.

Good crowd. Good atmosphere from the home stands. We were a bit meh, can’t be bothered. Oh and I hate to admit it, I had some cod from the chippy and thought it was good. Forgive me father, for I have sinned.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 48
Hagrid
March 9, 2022, 6:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,490
Gold Stars: 536
Usual embarrassing reactions on Twitter/Facebook

Hurst Out, Useless member, Dull boring, going nowhere with him…..

Its absolutely pathetic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 48
lukeo
March 9, 2022, 7:03am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Must win Saturday now.. I have to say I was bored listening to the commentary except for a 20min spell first half.
I look forward to seeing you all at Yeovil. UTM. We go again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 48
pontoonlew
March 9, 2022, 7:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Hagrid
Usual embarrassing reactions on Twitter/Facebook

Hurst Out, Useless member, Dull boring, going nowhere with him…..

Its absolutely pathetic

You can see why Hurst is getting stick though, the frustration is the fact it’s so predictable. We have only beaten Notts and Wrexham in the top 10 this season (losing the reverse fixtures), granted we’ve not played BW yet but our record against the top 10 is pathetic. The biggest reason for that IMO is that we set up to contain in these games to then nick ourselves a win and that almost always ends in defeat, why isn’t Hurst learning?

Ironically our best performance against a top side was at Notts when we clearly went for it.

At the start of the season this current position would’ve been pretty acceptable to me, but I have a big issue with how easily avoidable a lot of these 1 goal defeats seem to be and it always seems to lead back to Hurst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 48
Hagrid
March 9, 2022, 7:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,490
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from pontoonlew

You can see why Hurst is getting stick though, the frustration is the fact it’s so predictable. We have only beaten Notts and Wrexham in the top 10 this season (losing the reverse fixtures), granted we’ve not played BW yet but our record against the top 10 is pathetic. The biggest reason for that IMO is that we set up to contain in these games to then nick ourselves a win and that almost always ends in defeat, why isn’t Hurst learning?

Ironically our best performance against a top side was at Notts when we clearly went for it.

At the start of the season this current position would’ve been pretty acceptable to me, but I have a big issue with how easily avoidable a lot of these 1 goal defeats seem to be and it always seems to lead back to Hurst.

I can mate, but its the overreacting. And the not needed abuse of the man. I just think its out of order
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 48
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus/a127 (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.