3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
March 7, 2022, 10:59am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Any confirmation of the new/latest date for this match? Tuesday 12th April or Tuesday 10th May appear to be the only possible dates.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
jamesgtfc
March 7, 2022, 11:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Any confirmation of the new/latest date for this match? Tuesday 12th April or Tuesday 10th May appear to be the only possible dates.

Given the game should be played within 42 days the 12th April seems the likely choice but there might be a bit of resistance as it would be 4 games in 9 days:

Saturday 9th April: Weymouth A
Tuesday 12th April: Boreham Wood H
Friday 15th April: Stockport H
Monday 18th April: King's Lynn A

Tuesday 10th May is the last week of the season so I imagine the league want that keeping free for any postponements at the back end of the season. Other options are Wednesday 20th April  which is 4 games in 8 days and 3 games in 5 days or a Thursday night somewhere which I can't see happening unless April showers lead to it being called off on 12th April.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
pizzzza
March 7, 2022, 11:22am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Tuesday 29th March could also be an option as both teams are free that mid-week (I think...)
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
jamesgtfc
March 7, 2022, 11:30am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from pizzzza
Tuesday 29th March could also be an option as both teams are free that mid-week (I think...)

You are right. 29th March is when it will be I think. Suits me as I'm away with the family 12th April.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
Grantham_Mariner
March 7, 2022, 11:34am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,195
Gold Stars: 51
Could see this happening (fixture congestion) with having such a late start to the season.

National League said previously that no games the week with 12th April in as there was a full Friday of fixtures. So 10th May looks favorite, but you never know with this tinpot league. Problems now, but one more Boreham Wood off for any reason and they will be playing 4 games in eight day at some point.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
jamesgtfc
March 7, 2022, 11:38am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Could see this happening (fixture congestion) with having such a late start to the season.

National League said previously that no games the week with 12th April in as there was a full Friday of fixtures. So 10th May looks favorite, but you never know with this tinpot league. Problems now, but one more Boreham Wood off for any reason and they will be playing 4 games in eight day at some point.

As Pizzzza spotted, nobody is playing Tuesday 29th March so I think that has to be it, coupled with the fact you need to play it within 42 days normally and this game was originally scheduled for November!

The National League won't be comfortable with anybody going into the last week of the season on anything less than 43 games so I can't see it being 10th May. That week will be reserved for absolute emergencies because everyone has to kick off the last game of the season on Saturday 15th May at the same time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
GollyGTFC
March 7, 2022, 2:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from pizzzza

We’re not allowed to play that midweek as it’s international week (England C).
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 20
GollyGTFC
March 7, 2022, 2:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Oh and Boreham Wood are away in Dubai during that week (Tuesday 29th March) spending some of their FA Cup money on a holiday/training camp.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 20
GollyGTFC
March 7, 2022, 2:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
We could shithouse Boreham Wood and try and play it on Wednesday 4th May. We don’t have a fixture on Monday 2nd May as it’s our 2nd bye match day.

Boreham Wood on the other hand will have played at Stockport on the Saturday & home to Wrexham on the Monday.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 20
jamesgtfc
March 7, 2022, 2:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC
We could shithouse Boreham Wood and try and play it on Wednesday 4th May. We don’t have a fixture on Monday 2nd May as it’s our 2nd bye match day.

Boreham Wood on the other hand will have played at Stockport on the Saturday & home to Wrexham on the Monday.

Could we also go down the same route of shithousery and demand it gets played international week given neither team have any call-ups and the original fixture should have been played back in November? Not our fault they have 3 games in hand and have planned a little holiday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boreham Wood home match

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.