Reply: 1 - 11
NorthseaMariner
March 7, 2022, 7:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
Yes, looked better than the live game. Must have been because we were all so very cold.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
Les Brechin
March 7, 2022, 9:36am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Yes, looked better than the live game. Must have been because we were all so very cold.

That was about 8 minutes of the game. The other 87 or so were pretty turgid, maybe a skewed view though considering how bloody cold it was.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
jamesgtfc
March 7, 2022, 9:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
As others have said, made Saturday look like a decent game. I think the disallowed goal was correct. Although the keeper spilled it, it looks like he got hold of it again. That turn from Abrahams was deserving of a goal. McAtee seemed to drop a bit deeper Saturday but he was a vital link between midfield and attack.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Caveman
March 7, 2022, 9:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
A Keith Alexander moment anybody ?

So on to Southend for a repeat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
RichMariner
March 7, 2022, 12:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,160
Gold Stars: 211
I haven't been to many games this season but I went on Saturday. Thought we played well on the day.

I can understand the moans and frustrations in the stands at the time (because, as the game wore on, it became apparent that Woking were there to be beaten, after looking kind of handy in the first half).

Blustery conditions and the time-wasting didn't allow the game to flow. It wasn't anyone's fault that it felt like a grind at times.

But I enjoyed it. Thought we controlled the game, we created chances, tested their keeper and got the goal at the death (which was deserved, btw).

Those who want to criticise will always find a way to do so. Yeah, it might not have been 3-0 but let's also not forget that we had to draft a new lad in from Hull just a day before the game - he went straight in and played 90 mins.

Without Fox and Taylor, who'd have ordinarily played I reckon. It was good. Sometimes I feel like a lot of us need to chill out a bit, stop over-analysing everything and just try and enjoy the fact that we've got some decent players in our squad and we're competing at the right end of the division.

And Hurst's win percentage in the league is over 50%. Keep that going until the end of the season with the same endeavour we showed on Sat and we'll be in the mix for sure.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Kris2
March 7, 2022, 7:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from jamesgtfc
As others have said, made Saturday look like a decent game. I think the disallowed goal was correct. Although the keeper spilled it, it looks like he got hold of it again. That turn from Abrahams was deserving of a goal. McAtee seemed to drop a bit deeper Saturday but he was a vital link between midfield and attack.

Even if the keeper spills the ball, you can't jump on top of him to obstruct him getting to the ball before you can tap it in.  

Nobody protested the disallowed goal because the decision was correct. If Harry stayed on his feet he could have probably tapped the ball in himself instead of diving in like a nutter, rush of blood leading to a poor decision methinks.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
March 8, 2022, 11:17am
Guest User
Slightly longer highlights from Woking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DShsaui9xTU

Edit: Having watched a couple of times...
* another ref might have seen McAtee's yellow as a red;
* if their No.18 goes down after Crookes barges him in the back the ref has a decision to make.

Fine margins working for us (for a change).
Reply: 8 - 11
Poojah
March 8, 2022, 11:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Interesting angle of the goal on matchday moments. It’s still not easy to work out, but it looks it comes off Dieseruvwe’s left thigh - a nice bit of reactionary goal-poaching.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Woking highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.