5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
March 5, 2022, 5:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Pretty dreadful for 93 minutes, lots of endeavour but ultimately karma for Woking’s cynical time wasting and feigning injury which might have given us an extra minute of injury time.

On individuals, decent debut for Callum Jones, defence untroubled MoM to Abrahams who looked eager all game and didn’t let his head drop when things didn’t go his way.
Private Message
Perkins
March 5, 2022, 5:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
I agree Abraham's definitely MOM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 45
Maringer
March 5, 2022, 6:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,642
Gold Stars: 189
Abrahams or Pearson MoM. Not impressed with Jones (though he's probably still learning his teammates' names!) and our midfielders were collectively our worst players today.

We'll need to see a lot more from Jones if Raikhy is out for good.

Very nice to nick a late win at BP for a change, especially after freezing my nuts off and enduring such a dreadful 2nd half performance. Can't believe the wind pretty much died away at half-time after battling our way through the first half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 45
LH
March 5, 2022, 6:21pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
I’ll be defrosting until Tuesday I think. Didn’t deserve to draw - better finishing we’d have been more comfortable - but great to get that last minute winner for a second time past them this season. Table certainly looks better than it did. Let’s keep the run going until May.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
lew chaterleys lover
March 5, 2022, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
We did enough to win a couple of games, and had the early chance gone in it would have been plain sailing.

There are no easy games as other teams have found to their cost today, but we stuck with it and got a deserved late winner which could be very important indeed. Results are more important than performances at this stage, as I already know we have it in us to play really well.

Special mention to Abraham who pleasantly surprised me, and I thought Jones had a very good debut considering his lack of preparation - he looked a proper footballer to me and you can see how he has been playing on loan in league 1.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
MuddyWaters
March 5, 2022, 6:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Maringer
Abrahams or Pearson MoM. Not impressed with Jones (though he's probably still learning his teammates' names!) and our midfielders were collectively our worst players today.

We'll need to see a lot more from Jones if Raikhy is out for good.

Very nice to nick a late win at BP for a change, especially after freezing my nuts off and enduring such a dreadful 2nd half performance. Can't believe the wind pretty much died away at half-time after battling our way through the first half.

Think that’s pretty unfair on Jones who’s probably still learning his team mates names. Most of the fans in the Main Stand still are judging by some comments today.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 45
Hagrid
March 5, 2022, 6:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Bloody cold one!

Off days for many, with Sousa clifton and Mcatee in particular. Dont know what game the sponsors were watching!

Woking didnt look like a side in such poor form, i thought they were organised and came set up for a point

If we take the chances in the first half its a different gane, delighted for Manny to get the late winner.

Abrahams my MOM, thought he worked extremely hard and with others dropping points, what a vital 3 for us.

What is a shame is i feel Just Back thread would be busier if we’d drawn 0-0
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 45
GhostDan
March 5, 2022, 6:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Thought Jones had an okay game but definitely not the sort of day that would suit any ball playing midfielder. 18 games in League One this seasons suggests there’s a decent footballer in there.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 45
headingly_mariner
March 5, 2022, 6:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,391
Gold Stars: 120
Awful conditions today. Having did that I thought we created some great chances and only their keeper kept it at 0-0. Great work from Abrahams today, thought he was very good.

I’m gonna throw my opinion in early on Jones. I think he’ll be the best of the loan Centre mids we’ve had this season. Physically he looks like a man and strikes me as an intelligent and talented player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 45
AussieMariner
March 5, 2022, 7:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from GhostDan
Thought Jones had an okay, definitely not the sort of day that would suit any ball playing midfielder. 18 games in League One this seasons suggests there’s a decent footballer in there.

UTM

Busy, hard working, tidy, looked to go forward rather than sideways or back, didn’t mind a tackle and prepare to tell others what to do
Given our vulnerability in central midfield, not a bad way to plug a gap imho
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.