Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Signing / Callum Jones (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 263 Guests

New Signing / Callum Jones (merged)

This thread currently has 4,003 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
March 5, 2022, 7:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from headingly_mariner
He was quietly efficient and was a little frustrated that others weren’t quite at his level. I think he will be excellent for us and within the month everyone will be going crazy about how we need to sign him.
I might be wrong, but he instantly looked above the level, good touches and zipping his passes about.

Totally agree. He looked a proper footballer to me - read the game well, nice and tidy in everything he did, and kept us ticking over with an eye for a more telling pass if it was on. Hurst was saying we could only get him as he was not eligible for another EFL loan this season.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
SpudUDontLike
March 5, 2022, 7:21pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +309
Gold Stars: 8
Agreed. And I think he'll look better still when the conditions aren't so appalling and skilful play is easier. Mind, I've had to factor in that my eyeballs were frozen so it was all a bit of a blur.

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
Spurn boy
March 5, 2022, 8:59pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 30
I thought he got more confident and played better as the game progressed, he looks like a player who has played at a higher level and once he gets to really know his teammates he will get better.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
TAGG
March 5, 2022, 9:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Thought he did well today.
Looks good.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
HertsGTFC
March 5, 2022, 9:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Very comfortable on the ball, good addition I think.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
oochiad
March 5, 2022, 9:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,725
Gold Stars: 28
Thanks chaps, I wasn’t there but from your descriptions he sounds like he could be more than useful for us. What a great result result today, I really thought it was fizzling out into one of those missed opportunities to make up points on our opponents who drew today. UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Norseman
March 5, 2022, 10:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +278
Gold Stars: 48
Good player .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
marinerjase
March 5, 2022, 10:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,665
Gold Stars: 147
Showed enough for me - particularly given the team ‘struggled’ as a whole. Didn’t hide, looked to be positive, worked hard, did the ‘dirty’ side of the game as well. Will obviously improve with more game time and understanding of team mates. Not sure how anyone could be critical of his performance today tbh

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 6, 2022, 11:34am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Thought he was decent but as others have said conditions on the day and one training session were factors that need taking into account. Thought he was quite cautious in his passing maintaining possession and if I had a criticism it would be that he and Burgess sat a bit too deep and thus allowed Woking’s midfield to pick up a lot of loose balls dropped down from defenders challenges/clearances.

Not helped by Clifton having a very poor game with some woeful passing plus Sousa and McAtee not at their best either.

Certainly has the pedigree to be a big asset but would like to see Fox back alongside him asap.

A feeling Coke may replace Burgess on Tuesday night to give us a little more aggression in midfield and may allow Jones to play a little further forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
bax
March 6, 2022, 12:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
What I liked about him was that he talked throughout - telling players where to be or where to go. You'd never guess he was so young from the way he led that midfield.

I thought his passing was decent but he was sat a little too deep for me, particularly first half. Would have liked to have seen him a little higher and trying to get on the ball a bit more. That said, a very promising start.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Signing / Callum Jones (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.