HerveJosse
March 1, 2022, 8:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from aldi_01

Or May be you just aren’t as organised or bothered as you make out…I’m not even a shareholder and I knew the other week, then it was posted in the very first thread of this post…or are you too busy wittering on about absolute balderdash to get organised?

I didn’t receive any emails until yesterday morning the first being the one shown higher up the string made no reference to questions being submitted by noon the second with the joining instructions was the one stating questions had to be submitted by noon. I contacted the club two weeks before the meeting to query why I hadn’had any information about the meeting and they said they didn’t have my email address as a shareholder (why woukd they)and given it them they said they would send me an email on the day.No warning questions needed to be submitted by noon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
jamesgtfc
March 1, 2022, 8:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Kristine

That’s not the case at all. It was also mentioned in the email sent Sunday and before that too as we had questions in last week.

You certainly don’t have to wait for something like this to ask questions, nobody does, shareholder or not. Feel free to DM or email your questions to me kristinegreen@gtfc.co.uk 👍🏻

I think you've just deconstructed his argument to the point where it is no longer valid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
malkamalka
March 1, 2022, 8:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
This post is the first I've heard of it. Nothing from the club yesterday or today.

Maybe 50 shares isn't enough  

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
KingstonMariner
March 1, 2022, 9:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HerveJosse

I didn’t receive any emails until yesterday morning the first being the one shown higher up the string made no reference to questions being submitted by noon the second with the joining instructions was the one stating questions had to be submitted by noon. I contacted the club two weeks before the meeting to query why I hadn’had any information about the meeting and they said they didn’t have my email address as a shareholder (why woukd they)and given it them they said they would send me an email on the day.No warning questions needed to be submitted by noon

Given that you’re obviously so keen to participate in shareholder meetings, and were anxious to make comments about the draft accounts the other week, it’s surprising that you took no steps go find out when the meeting was and what the format would be.

An uncharitable person would think that all you want to do is  to find excuses to whine. 😆

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
HerveJosse
March 1, 2022, 9:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Given that you’re obviously so keen to participate in shareholder meetings, and were anxious to make comments about the draft accounts the other week, it’s surprising that you took no steps go find out when the meeting was and what the format would be.

An uncharitable person would think that all you want to do is  to find excuses to whine. 😆

Try reading what I said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
Davec
March 1, 2022, 9:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
So what was asked then, what did Phillip Day Aka FN ask? Can anybody summarise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
TheRealJohnLewis
March 1, 2022, 9:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from malkamalka
This post is the first I've heard of it. Nothing from the club yesterday or today.

Maybe 50 shares isn't enough  

Have you checked to ensure the club have the right email address?

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
KingstonMariner
March 1, 2022, 9:49pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

Try reading what I said

It just reads like someone who can’t be arsedto make an effort, but likes to find excuses to whine about others.

I contacted the Company Secretary yonks ago to make sure they had my e-mail, and ever since then I got notifications of meetings, protocols and company accounts. I know roughly when to expect things in case something doesn’t come.

The other thing you can do is check the club website to find out what is happening and when. And then stick it in your diary.

If all that fails, a Scottish bloke came up with a spiffing invention in 1872. Can’t remember the name, something like the Tellingbone.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
jamesgtfc
March 1, 2022, 9:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It just reads like someone who can’t be arsedto make an effort, but likes to find excuses to whine about others.

I contacted the Company Secretary yonks ago to make sure they had my e-mail, and ever since then I got notifications of meetings, protocols and company accounts. I know roughly when to expect things in case something doesn’t come.

The other thing you can do is check the club website to find out what is happening and when. And then stick it in your diary.

If all that fails, a Scottish bloke came up with a spiffing invention in 1872. Can’t remember the name, something like the Tellingbone.

When I last called the club there wasn't an option for incessant whining.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
KingstonMariner
March 1, 2022, 9:54pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

When I last called the club there wasn't an option for incessant whining.

Apparently he did ring, but the person who answered thought it was a fax machine* when he started talking and hung up.

* ask your parents kids

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shareholder Q&A

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.